clips4sale
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we ban slow uploads?

Quote Originally Posted by skuludo View Post
    I can live with slow downloads small files. I can at least get the file compared to Rapidshares 10 download limit per day. As long as there is a program automating the download process of mutliple slow files I really don't care too much about the download speed.

I've downloaded files at speeds of 500 bytes or .5KB from a torrent which was around 25GB. It took me a year of downloading and eventually got 99.7% of the file. I think there is enough of the file to repair and extract this rar file. This slow download speed was due to the amount of peers and no seeds in that torrent. I was downloading from a 15Mbit connection and getting 500 bytes per second in this case.
    Usenet is your friend.. get off the kiddy torrent stuff.. upgrade to usenet and never look back

Elite Member
    Usenet files disappear after 30 days unless I pay extra. Also, I don't think it has what I am looking for.

Currently I am looking for this audio cd. http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=675976

Quote Originally Posted by skuludo View Post
    Usenet files disappear after 30 days unless I pay extra. Also, I don't think it has what I am looking for.

Currently I am looking for this audio cd. http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=675976
    500 days retention for me, maybe its your service heh

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by footfetishguy View Post
    500 days retention for me, maybe its your service heh
    The 30 day retention one is free. If I want longer retention then I would need to use another service provider who has better retention. I might as well just buy that cd from Japan if I can't find the file through peer to peer programs.

I only use Megaupload because im a member there and that nothing has happened to me yet
    the highest speed i can get is or at least 1MB per second on wireless, but if only no one is using/sharing my internet EX. my friends or neighboors
    average is between 230 and 480 kbs per second
    for now, im just using verizon dsl, b/c FiOS isnt available in our area > : (

Torrents: 5MB per second with lots of seeders, Lowest is 192kbs per second
    Last edited by Kasengon; 21st July 2010 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gassy View Post
    INFO : You can vote on forum index poll.

My personal opinion is that we need to motivate somehow owners of upload services to keep download speed at least on 50 KB/sec!

Deposit files and Uploading.com are the first candidates for kicking from this forum if they don't change their speed.

Let me know what do you think.
    If people dont like deposit and uploading, then they can avoid the link by choice. You're just taking away content and freedom of choice from users if you ban them.

Advice please...I wanted to upload/download a free sample for you guys and I put it on Oron but I agree. It is annoyingly slow. What are the better sites to use? Sounds like uploading.com? Also I am new. Where is the best place to post my sample?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Advice please...I wanted to upload/download a free sample for you guys and I put it on Oron but I agree. It is annoyingly slow. What are the better sites to use? Sounds like uploading.com? Also I am new. Where is the best place to post my sample?
    mirrorcreator.com
    My reups and posts require 7zip: Download
    All passwords to my uploads is: purpledrank

Baned User
    you chose the right place