clips4sale
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Version Detection

Elite Member
    Originally posted by Connect
    I guess you could run a Virtual Machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_virtualization

That would require virtualization software, and a japanese version of Windows. With some luck you might be able to find both on torrents.

What sorta game is that anyway? I realize it's an H-game, but I'm wondering about the theme and content.
    Apprantly that is a game for all ages. No h content. The game's genre is nobel, school, detective, mystery.
    The title is Meitante Shikkaku na Kanojo. (A Girl Who is a Failure as a Detective)
    The description of the story doesn't say much other than provides a mood. And then talks about a opening school ceremony. There should be a picture near the top wear a girl points her finger to accuse somone. That might be a scene near the beginning of the game.

I once tried installing a Japanese Windows XP SP2 but failed. During the middle of installation it would give me the blue screen. JP Windows XP SP1 was the only one that I could install, but as soon as I installed sysmantec antivirus I would get constant reports saying I have a virus. That warning might have been a false positive, but I am not sure. (Install from SP1 and upgrade to SP2 worked)

The CPU I have is Intel E8400 Core2Duo. The box says supports virtualization, but I am not sure how to use that feature right now.

You need a specialized program to do virtualization, it's not a built in feature. You essentially trick a program to think it's running on a computer with different hardware and OS.

Check out VMware, they are apparently the best in the biz.

www.vmware.com