I guess I should consider myself somewhat lucky in this department. I have always had girl friends (friends who are girls, not romantic lovers) who have been very open and comfortable about things of this nature. I can think three girls immediately who I have been friends with for quite some time (one for 15 years, and the other 2 for close to 10) who never thought twice about letting 'em rip. I worked with 2 of them for about 4 years and was lucky enough to witness lots of contests, pronounced rips, finger-pulls, sbd's, etc in the time spent with them. We used to go get food (with each of these girls seprartely, since they were all such close friends) and proceed to sit and eat in the car, rcecline the seats, sit back, talk about our lives and wax philosophically. During these sessions there would inevitably be at least 10 tremendous farts blasted by each of us, competing for supremecy in size, smell and length. This has been such commonplace for me, that it's hard to believe that there are people who don't experience it. Also, my ex-girlfriend of 5 years was a prolific farter in her own right, and, once she became comfortable enough, began to out-fart me tenfold.