clips4sale
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jay-Z's death of auto tune

Elite Member

RE: Jay-Z's death of auto tune

Im just gonna throw out 2 names in reference to Hiphop being dead....Do with them what you like.....LUPE FIASCO & Kid Cudi..........If hip hop is dead to ash, these 2 young artist must be born of the phoenix for real.

Elite Member
    Oh and the only Auto Tune shyt i liked forgive me for saying this but, 808s and heartbreaks is a great album when you are feeling emo.

Baned User
    it's all about sonata arctica.

Active Member 03042017
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunshow View Post
    Im just gonna throw out 2 names in reference to Hiphop being dead....Do with them what you like.....LUPE FIASCO & Kid Cudi..........If hip hop is dead to ash, these 2 young artist must be born of the phoenix for real.
    Sorry to revive a dead thread, but you hit the nail on the hammer, Kid Cudi did have one video with girls in it but it was just a joke video of what it's like to work at a store while your high and you start seeing shit lol. I thought it was hilarious.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by footfetishguy View Post
    Basically thats what it is today... and videos are all same.. girls dancing blah blah..

Hell I miss all of the sampling of Puff errm P Diddy ermm Diddy...
    I always wondered why lots of people act like Puffy was the only person to do lots of sampling? I got reasons for people not to like him, but 2pac, Mariah Carey, Dr. Dre, Will Smith, & Coolio to name a few had lots of songs that were sampled. Almost as much or barely more sampled than Puffy. Maybe peoples were jealous cause he did it the best in the 90's.
    Shoot, I made a cd that 2pac's songs plus the song's he sampled or a couple of songs of artists who sampled 2pac. I know I can do that with Mariah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshow View Post
    I really like Kid Cudi, but I'm not so sure Id call what he does rap or hip hop.

Active Member 03042017
    Quote Originally Posted by SionDS View Post
    I really like Kid Cudi, but I'm not so sure Id call what he does rap or hip hop.
    Why wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudofale View Post
    Why wouldn't you?
    Well, you could consider some of Kid Cudi's work to be hip-hop, but most of his work is like a mix of 2 genres, like electro-hop or alternative hip-hop. It's not straightfoward hip-hop in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudofale View Post
    Why wouldn't you?
    I dunno man, it's hard to describe qualities of music. I cant think of much to say other than what he does rarely sounds like what I know as rap or hip hop.

I always think that when you start talking about specifics about stuff like this, what I describe something as will be very different from how you read it. That said, in a way, I think that what Kid Cudi does is more like a very alternative type of folk music in the sense that you can chill out listening to it, and he is really good at telling some kind of story or idea with his music. I guess its just the way I've come too appreciate his stuff.

By the way, I dont even like the guy's music, but this twitter is hilarious!

http://twitter.com/50CENT

Just google "50 cent twitter" and you will find some really great quotes.

Check this out:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/the-wisdom-of-50-cent