Quote Originally Posted by 1313Jr.1313 View Post
1, halos
2, black pops/martin worfair/walk the line/fark-rye
3, tribes/planetside
4, mnc/tf2

these groups are in no particular order. 1 and 2 have more in common than people want to admit as do 3 and 4. 1 and 3 are incredibly similar thematically but don't even remotely come with the same experience playing while 2 and 4 share quite a bit of thematic elements but nothing of the same playing experience.

2 of those lists are ass and will be defended into eternity and 2 of those lists will be called ass in spite of how good they are. it should be obvious by the lists themselves which i prefer.
If I had to add to the list.

5.) smnc/s4league
6.) CS: (any of them)/ Combat Arms
7.) Half life/ CS (any of them) because of valve though.

They all seem like copies of each other, different skill levels, but they are extremely similar. Of that list, I would have to say Tribes has the largest skill curve of the entire list. You have to learn so many things just to get a single kill. Sadly, that is one of the reason so many people just toss it away after playing it for 5 minutes. Too difficult to learn at first.
Down side to shooters, all you can really do it give it a new coat of wax and paint and see who takes it off the lot. They all have the same types of game types. Capture the Flag, Defend the point, Death match, Team death match, Destroy the point, etc etc... Just new weapons, skins, and sounds. So I just go with the one that is difficult to learn, but easy and or fun after you get the basics down.