Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "Oron" Shut Down!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bro3886x View Post
    looks like ddeten will need a new job.
    wahahahahahhahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudofale View Post
    Urine does not flow in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by suspect09 View Post
    You corner a cat and the claws come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by suspect09 View Post
    DING DING DING!

Active Member 03042017
    They aren't quite dead yet, all though, I do redact my previous post because of a later post they made after further inspection of the law suit against Oron.com

Despite the Court’s subsequent modifications, the harsh reality is that as of August 1, 2012,
    Oron will not be able to meet its legitimate business expenses, including the payments to LeaseWeb.
    Its hosting provider will shut down Oron’s servers, which are the life blood of any file sharing
    business such as Oron’s, and Oron’s customers will no longer be able to access any of their data or
    files. Oron’s payment processors will not do business with Oron. Effectively, Oron’s worldwide
    multimillion dollar company will be shut down and out of business.

Which was the day it went down, still reading through it, about 36 pages.

Heres a link for anyone who wants more information on the case.

http://ia600705.us.archive.org/22/it...88374.71.0.pdf

Edit: This thread should probably be moved to the "Support/Cafe" section of the board.

Hmmm, I find it kind of ironicly funny that someone on this site on a thread from about a week ago called it and feared that something larger was going to happen because everyone was getting away with downloading the jack da ripper clips, back when there were like 7 vids available on this site. Then those same vids were also posted on dailymotion without getting taken down. That certain member thought that it would be ggg that had a trick up their sleeve but this is far worse.

I was searching for that thread for about 5 min. and couldn't find it so i gave up. But, Its just amazing how this is one of those classic stories of "the calm before the storm".

Quote Originally Posted by jerry220 View Post
    Hmmm, I find it kind of ironicly funny that someone on this site on a thread from about a week ago called it and feared that something larger was going to happen because everyone was getting away with downloading the jack da ripper clips, back when there were like 7 vids available on this site. Then those same vids were also posted on dailymotion without getting taken down. That certain member thought that it would be ggg that had a trick up their sleeve but this is far worse.

I was searching for that thread for about 5 min. and couldn't find it so i gave up. But, Its just amazing how this is one of those classic stories of "the calm before the storm".
    thread started by yours truly.it was called "strange???"btw, how is it worse? will i get sued?
    Last edited by theguyfromny; 4th August 2012 at 09:47 PM.

Active Member 03042017
    Quote Originally Posted by theguyfromny View Post
    thread started by yours truly.it was called "strange???"btw, how is it worse? will i get sued?
    What is going on with Oron right now has nothing to do with you, or any of the file sharers. They are simply in court because of their acts of piracy being allowed to happen. The reason the site is down, as I stated previously, they are unable to pay for the service to stay online because all of their funds are frozen until a verdict is decided.

The Court stated that the Order “does nothing more than prohibit Defendants from fraudulent
    transfers and compels that they unwind those in which they have already engaged.” However, the
    broad language that Defendants may not dissipate any funds, read literally, goes further and prevents
    Defendants from spending any money for any legitimate purpose. maintain the status quo in a way that will allow a permanent injunction to be enforced. However, the
    United States Supreme Court held in Grupo Mexicano de Desarrollo, S.A. v. Alliance Bond Fund,
    Inc., 527 U.S. 308 (1999) that a district court has no authority to issue a preliminary injunction
    freezing a defendant’s assets in connection with a claim for money damages, which is what Plaintiff
    seeks through this motion. The Grupo Mexicano Court stressed the historical principle that an
    unsecured creditor has no legal or equitable prejudgment rights in the property of a debtor. Id. at
    328-330. As the Supreme Court explained:
    The remedy [of a preliminary injunction freezing assets] sought here could
    render Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 64, which authorizes use of state
    prejudgment remedies, a virtual irrelevance. Why go through the trouble of
    complying with local attachment and garnishment statutes when this allpurpose
    prejudgment injunction is available?
    Id. at 330-331. The Court warned against allowing creditors to race to the courthouse to freeze
    assets in a way that could prove “financially fatal” to debtors. Id. at 331. That is what has indeed
    happened since the TRO has been “financially fatal” to Oron.

Pretty interesting stuff, if anyone else is wondering where I am getting this legal information, here is law suit.

http://ia600705.us.archive.org/22/it...88374.71.0.pdf

Damn and i just found a shitload of new GGG Clips that was hosted by oron....

Quote Originally Posted by Kasengon View Post
    Damn and i just found a shitload of new GGG Clips that was hosted by oron....
    Ahhhh.... Fuck you know the governments are always trying to scare someone!

@guyfromny Oh no, i didn't mean anything like that, I just thought that it was worse because now there are 2 different file sharing sites gone, and its a good possibility that there won't be very many left in the future. I was kind of hoping that if it was ggg, that it would only be their clips that got taken down and not a bunch of file sharing sites, thats all i meant by it.
    Last edited by jerry220; 5th August 2012 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry220 View Post
    @guyfromny Oh no, i didn't mean anything like that, I just thought that it was worse because now there are 2 different file sharing sites gone, and its a good possibility that there won't be very many left in the future. I was kind of hoping that if it was ggg, that it would only be their clips that got taken down and not a bunch of file sharing sites, thats all i meant by it.
    oh ok.

yeah, its unfortunate, but good call tho.