clips4sale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just in case anyone is still in the dark about the dirty trick mOron pulled

Thumbs down Just in case anyone is still in the dark about the dirty trick mOron pulled

cool beans

i'm ready to delete all my files...should i?
    Last edited by theguyfromny; 9th July 2012 at 10:15 PM.

Active Member 03042017
    What ever happened to "Term of agreements" or "Terms of Service" pretty sure this walks all over your right to privacy. Someone can't just go around saying "I have your information, heres his bank account, his moms bank account, his sons, daughters, aunts, and his address." If they did come for me, they better bring a lawyer, I would not go down easy.

Quote Originally Posted by theguyfromny View Post
    i'm ready to delete all my files...should i?
    YEES!

Don't leave it to chance.While you're at it, delete your emails, contacts...EVERYTHING associated with mOron and then delete your PayPal account that hold your recoreds. I'm lucky I never shared any of my info cos I had free premium with em. .

Quote Originally Posted by Mudofale View Post
    What ever happened to "Term of agreements" or "Terms of Service" pretty sure this walks all over your right to privacy. Someone can't just go around saying "I have your information, heres his bank account, his moms bank account, his sons, daughters, aunts, and his address." If they did come for me, they better bring a lawyer, I would not go down easy.

I think downloaders are safe. I mean, if you never brought premo with CC, or PayPal with your real name and used VPNs, then you're safe. For now it seems they're going after the uploaders. Who knows what will happen in the coming months if not weeks. Just in case you get a notice in the mail, yea I'd lawyer up too, mate.

Free speech and a right to privacy is slowly eroding away. Its all fucked. VPN is the way to go.
    cool beans

Active Member 03042017
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED RICHARD View Post
    YEES!

Don't leave it to chance.While you're at it, delete your emails, contacts...EVERYTHING associated with mOron and then delete your PayPal account that hold your recoreds. I'm lucky I never shared any of my info cos I had free premium with em. .

I think downloaders are safe. I mean, if you never brought premo with CC, or PayPal with your real name and used VPNs, then you're safe. For now it seems they're going after the uploaders. Who knows what will happen in the coming months if not weeks. Just in case you get a notice in the mail, yea I'd lawyer up too, mate.

Free speech and a right to privacy is slowly eroding away. Its all fucked. VPN is the way to go.

I was referring to the uploaders, in order for them to go after the downloaders they would have to do a lot more then just give out a few peoples information, they would have to sort through laundry list of IP's, then from those IP's do a reverse look up for that persons address, then get information based on the owner/ people who live their... Too much work, and also very illegal, unless the gov't issued some statement allowing information of any sort to be released to companies by any means, but that would cause anarchy.

Also, just because you used Paypal doesn't make you safe, paypal can release your information to a company if they request so, but thats a different matter, and it will only go up to the card number and name. They were talking about bank accounts (another series of numbers) and addresses. Thats another situation. Thats private information.

luckily i have a backup mediafire account...

I was referring to the uploaders, in order for them to go after the downloaders they would have to do a lot more then just give out a few peoples information, they would have to sort through laundry list of IP's, then from those IP's do a reverse look up for that persons address, then get information based on the owner/ people who live their... Too much work, and also very illegal, unless the gov't issued some statement allowing information of any sort to be released to companies by any means, but that would cause anarchy.

Also, just because you used Paypal doesn't make you safe, paypal can release your information to a company if they request so, but thats a different matter, and it will only go up to the card number and name. They were talking about bank accounts (another series of numbers) and addresses. Thats another situation. Thats private information.
    right now they have absolutely nothing besides my ip address. does that make me safe? plus does this only apply to liberty media?

right now they have absolutely nothing besides my ip address. does that make me safe? plus does this only apply to liberty media files?

if you never uploaded with an account are you ok?
    Last edited by johndoe123; 10th July 2012 at 04:23 AM.

Active Member 03042017
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoe123 View Post
    if you never uploaded with an account are you ok?
    You should be, they said they were going after piraters, not people downloading. In other words, people who were supplying, not the people recieving. But, in this day and age who knows... starts with one thing then it leads to the next.