clips4sale

Thread: So Bay is making Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles huh?

neroangelus

So Bay is making Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles huh?

Now I know a lot of you are upset about this "burst of "creativity" from the infamous Mike Bay and his choice to apparently turn the Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles into aliens.

Please somebody correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there something that was like an alien version of the ninja turtles called BATTLE TOADS.

Let me be clear I am NOT one of those people who believe he is ruining childhoods, it's not that. Everyone has different ideas and interpretations of characters. Hell, I am sure we've all had some dumb ideas in the past and lets just live up to it.
    But the fact is the man is bad film maker. He can't tell a cohesive story, write character chemistry and his effects are shoddy.

And it's not like he and his team (if there is one) are streamlining the origin of the ninja's in a half shell to allow common everyday movie goers to understand the characters better.
    For one thing is the origin really that complex? Mutagen spills on turtles and a rat they turn into mutants.

That's not really a concept that's hard to grasp.
    Bay wants to make a change because he wants to be "artistically change" because it's his version.
    But here is the thing, changing things to an extent is fine but you can only change so much before you cross the line into your not even making what you set out to do.
    This is one of the problems with most movies especially reboots!

Lets pick a recent interpretation, LAST AIRBENDER!
    Why were fire benders unable to create fire a an extension of there chi and fighting?
    Well, because all the other nations can only manipulate surrounding elements so firebenders being able to create their element makes it cheap right (says M. Night)?
    WRONG!
    Fire isn't everywhere so them having to learn how to create it makes sense that's their edge along with their innovation in technology.

I hate... HATE changes for no reason other than some money chucker asshole is looking for a means to be "creative"!
    Isn't it bad enough he made three horrible films about alien robots that are completely jumbled.
    Hasbro didn't even monitor his movie choices for the film and people still, STILL defend those movies.
    WHY?
    Because it has PETER CULLEN?
    Are you serious?
    You have G1 for that or hell the new Transformers Prime.
    And I am not a diehard Transformers fan, I barley stand G1 at all, but I respect a good film and these three films are horrible and yet somehow not only make money back but now we are getting a 4th and 5th sequel shot back to back because people continue to support Bay, then they complain about him.

I am so sick of "artistic changes" for the sake of just changing.
    You can do creative changes, that's fine being creative is good I support creativity we need more of it now more then ever but they need to make sense.
    If you need to streamline a film to grasp a larger audience okay, that's fine I am sure those who are fans can get off their perch and just look at it and see how this interpretation works.

When Spider-Man had organic web-shooters I thought it was clever.
    If he is mutating any ways go above and beyond with his spider powers, I mean when he original mutated his powers were pretty lame so the ability to produce his own webs was rather cool and it cuts out him putting together the web shooter.
    Sure, I would have liked to see him build the web shooter and experiment with the mixture to make the right batch of web, but not everyone would so they STREAMLINED it for the main stream crowd and I'll except that change.

Then you have crap like Jonah Hex who was given super powers... WHY?
    Because a western told story would have been to dull?
    Because he's a DC Comic book character and all DC Comic characters need superpowers?
    Well that's not true because no matter the Batman movie no matter how bad or how good it was Batman never, NEVER was given super powers.

These companies that own these properties need to monitor these "artists" from making these "artistic changes"!
    They need to make sure their material stays true, honest and is just good.
    Green Lantern had unnecessary changes for no reason too and had someone stepped up maybe that film could have been decent.
    I swear that they changed so much and that Geoff Johns had no power you could see him cry.
    I swear on the Extras on the DVD I saw him crying because they ruined his vision of Green Lantern.
    Creators, fans and actual storytellers need to fight for their right to be creative and not let the "artistically challenged" destroy projects.

If you make the Mutant Ninja Turtles aliens well right there you're done, you already missed the point to the film, the film is about teenage mutant ninja turtles. If you want the mutagen to be a chemical created by Krang from space and when he crashes on earth it leaks into the sewers, okay that's fine alien mutagen made them transform I can believe that. I mean the only thing we manage to advance his cellphones so I have no trouble believing that aliens could devise a chemical that acts differently with the animals of another planet.

But, if you are so against this film then boycott the film spread the word to boycott the film.
    Bay doesn't care about telling a story or source material or if he makes people upset.
    He wants to make money I get it's a business that's fine I respect that but business shouldn't be the only mindset when making a film.
    The worst part is he will make money, he will make tons of money the man's movies are in the top 10 highest grossing movies ever made list.

[link]

Look for your self, Transformers Dark of The Moon, 4th highest grossing film of all time.

Fans of these franchises if you are upset with his choices don't support him.
    For all of you out there against his "vision" of alien turtles, can it.
    Pure and simple spread the word, protest, send letters, petition let your voice known.
    This is unforgivable, this is not right.
    You don't take something, let alone something that has such a deep rooted pop culture and screw it up just so you can say "I created something" that's not being a filmmaker that's not being an artist.
    If I take the Mona Lisa and paint a big Teddy Roosevelt style mustache on her face does that make me an artist? Does that make me a painter?
    No, it doesn't it makes me a vandal.

And that's what Michael Bay is people, he's a vandal.
    He may as well just take a can of spray paint and tag his name on the movie screen.
    He pretty much has.
    He's produced every major horror reboot and surprise they are all terrible.

He ruined Transformers, hell did you know two of the head guys who worked on those Transformer films now work on Transformers Prime and without the interference of Bay it's great.
    It's mature well handled and treats you more like an adult then the actual films.
    Best yet I watched the entire first season on YouTube at 320p on my computer screen and guess what?
    Even though it was pretty dilapidated I could still make out every single character.
    Every character has a personality, a look and I can name them all just on appearances. The films you can't do that, and I guarantee when the Alien Ninja Turtles happens you won't be able to tell a single character a part, you won't be able to make out action shots you won't be able to even grasp a story.

If you are a person who respects the source material, the art of story telling and film then do NOT support this movie.
    Stand up and make your voice heard.
    Don't troll ,don't yell at others and, start fights.
    Make a change.
    Start a petition too boot Bay off the project or you will boycott the film, show the industry that viewers choose what they WANT to see not that you can simply make garbage and expect us to see it, that's not right.

If you got a petition put together send it over, I'll make a video about it and I'll sign it.
    This isn't right, he's not insulting just fans of a comic or show he is take a pop culture icon of characters and changing them because of his own selfish ego, and that's unacceptable.

Angry

Yeah man I heard about this. So much 2 say on this. I'll most definitely boycott that. Hollyweird fell the fuck off so badly it ain't funny. I can think of some movies that can be done from cartoons of the 80's.
    Battletoads, which i'd love 2 see i'm glad you brought that up.
    The ninja frogs which Bay should do instead. They're from the TMNT cartoons also.
    Centurions, with the technology that's out there & if its done right would be badass.
    Thundarr the Barbarian-pre He Man.
    Also M.A.S.K. if done right would rule. And my favorite woman Nadia Bjorlin would be a sexy Gloria Baker
    But Hollyweird believes in $$ over tradition & right thing 2 do. Too dumb to think of another names of certain movies. Can't think of another name for the new karate kid movie , I only saw 1 or 2 episodes of 21 jump street but I can tell that movie ruined its good name making the characters buffoonish. I didn't like how starsky & hutch was done but then again I don't like the characters owen wilson plays. Snoop dogg did good in the movie.
    G.I. Joe had to ruin the story with an unneeded romance with past loves I hate that! Plus i'm not sure if that part was true in the comics or cartoons. Marlon Wayans did good on his character.
    Transformers had Bumblebee look ugly. Not down with certain things of the movie[s] also.
    They're doing another spiderman reboot which is unnecessary.
    Another batman reboot, as far as i'm concerned Christian Bale is the new batman.
    I heard rumors that Robocop might be remaked HELL FUCKING NO! The original was ahead of its time.
    I know there's more, but I can't think of anymore right now.
    Last edited by HOOF HEARTED; 22nd March 2012 at 09:04 AM.

Baned User
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ssUivM-eM

so... yeah. actual scenes from his new movie right there.

neroangelus
    That seems to sum up his films in a nut shell.

neroangelus
    One thing i just don't understand are the unessicery changes, why? for what reason and purpose?

By changing them from mutants to aliens you've just derailed your fracnhise didn't you? Because it's not the Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles it's the Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles.

He may think it's a smal ldetail but it's not, i9t's the point the mutagen can create and make tons of fantastic monsters for them to deal with like Leatherhead, Wingnut, screwloose, and even Baxter Stockman as the half flie monster to name a few. Don't mind changes when your genuienly creative. Like I mentioned above having the mutagen come from Krang isntead of a science lab, that can work.

Then maybe at the end the FOOT raid Krangs ship and use remaining mixtures of the mutagen to make other monsters like Rocksteady and Bebop. But Bay's choice is out of creative license he wants to make a change jsut because he can not because it benefits the story in any way.
    And he should be ashamed to do something so lazy, dumb and half hearted and still act as if he is a legit film maker. That's unfair to actualy film makers out their like Guilemo Del Toro who actually put effort into their films.

Baned User
    mass produced innovation