clips4sale

Thread: YouTube removed my "Favorites" playlist???

YouTube removed my "Favorites" playlist???

So earlier this month I got a notice on my YouTube account that I was flagged for my "Favorites" playlist. They removed the playlist and said it went against "community guidelines." The wording sounded as if they thought my playlist was full of videos that I made. I never made any videos. Even stranger was that the playlist was PRIVATE - nobody saw it except me.

I tried "appealing" to them but talking to them is like talking to a goddamn wall. They sent an automatic response a couple days ago basically saying "No."

What the fuck gives? I don't get this. Has this happened to anyone here? The only vague explanation I have is that I favorited videos that happened to be copyrighted - but that has NOTHING to do with me. I just like 'em and save 'em, man. Why remove my ENTIRE playlist of saved favorites? Usually they just take down the video and punish the uploader.

Gah. I'm so annoyed. Now I lost who knows how many videos. I still have my Liked playlist but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a bunch that I just favorited without liking.

Quote Originally Posted by MackZack View Post
    So earlier this month I got a notice on my YouTube account that I was flagged for my "Favorites" playlist. They removed the playlist and said it went against "community guidelines." The wording sounded as if they thought my playlist was full of videos that I made. I never made any videos. Even stranger was that the playlist was PRIVATE - nobody saw it except me.

I tried "appealing" to them but talking to them is like talking to a goddamn wall. They sent an automatic response a couple days ago basically saying "No."

What the fuck gives? I don't get this. Has this happened to anyone here? The only vague explanation I have is that I favorited videos that happened to be copyrighted - but that has NOTHING to do with me. I just like 'em and save 'em, man. Why remove my ENTIRE playlist of saved favorites? Usually they just take down the video and punish the uploader.

Gah. I'm so annoyed. Now I lost who knows how many videos. I still have my Liked playlist but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a bunch that I just favorited without liking.
    i had the same thing happen to me twice, the first time they said it’d been flagged then said they removed it a couple weeks later but i looked and it was still there then a month or so after that they emailed me again saying one of my newest favourites playlist had been reported and was gonna be removed but then that time it was actually deleted from youtube. it makes no sense removing a playlist when it any videos in it are inappropriate the videos themselves should be removed then they’d automatically be removed in the playlist. deleting the playlists themselves does nothing towards getting rid of the videos. it’s probably some desperate attempt from youtube to try and stop the audience so the people posting the videos stop posting. either way it’s stupid and not gonna make much difference and just be a pain in the ass to everyone.