clips4sale

Thread: repair extern hard disk

repair extern hard disk

good evening, i have a problem. 4 years ago 1 important extern hard disk broke. does anyone know how to repair it or can we find the exact same extern hard disk together on the internet? theres a lot work on it about 12 years. also so much fartvideos u cant even imagine and u never will find those on the internet. pls help me out. if we can repair it im gonna post here a lot good videos from my broken hard disk.

greetings.

Try to use PhotoRec, search some tutorials .

It really depends on what you mean by broke.
    Do you hear some weird sounds when you plug it to the pc?
    Does your pc recognize the hd?
    Does it tell you "you need to format the disk before you can use it"?
    If the damage is on the external case/usb port is easy to fix it, if it's a mechanical damage there's probably some damaged sector and you need to use some software like recuva or icare data recovery to see what you can save

I have the same problem. I managed to recover the files i lost but i wasn't able to repair the videos. any advice on repairing videos? the mb size is still correct but it wont load in any players i tried

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenoidea View Post
    It really depends on what you mean by broke.
    Do you hear some weird sounds when you plug it to the pc?
    Does your pc recognize the hd?
    Does it tell you "you need to format the disk before you can use it"?
    If the damage is on the external case/usb port is easy to fix it, if it's a mechanical damage there's probably some damaged sector and you need to use some software like recuva or icare data recovery to see what you can save
    thx for ur answers so far.
    by broke i mean, the extern hard disk was on the ground - i just wanted to chance a kabel on my pc - accidentally i supported myself with my elbow on it. to bad, so sad. then there was a noise which sounded like some kind of vibrations. after that szenario i wasnt able to get my extern disk online again.
    no, the pc tells me nothing cause he cant even recognize there is a extern hard disk online.
    i really dont know where the dmg is. i thought it would be a good idea to find exactly the same EHD with the same date of manufacture. but its not that easy and I also need to know what exactly is damaged so you can replace it. buy may i only have to change the data disc but idkn. its really important, so much things on it which i never could get back. a decade-long work. You can not make up for this time in the short life

greetings

It can be many reasons, dead PCB board, defective drive head, and in the worst case damaged disk plates.

Disk plates can't be recovered. For anything else, theres a 50% hope.
    If you want to try and have a time for experiment you can buy the donor drive, but before doing that, research youtube I recommend videos from this guy
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCso...uw4Odm6MyBXLmg

donor pcb guide
    http://www.donordrives.com/blog/matching-guide

I also tried to repair my seagate for some other data , I found a donor drive but it looks like I couldn't correctly align hdd donor head to original disk plates.

If you can align drive head correctly, you can probably save your HDD data , but I'm 90% sure you can't align disk plates in the new hdd case because it's done in the factory , aligned in microns

Que delicia