clips4sale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My HDD failed

My HDD failed

Seagate baracuda 2 TB

Almost lost all fart clips 13 years of fart clips, but I backed up before 2 weeks so loss is minimal.

I think about RAID1 array - mirroring.

How do you take care about your fart clips, do you backup disk regulary?

Que delicia

i saved my favourite clips regularly on dvds,since a while ago my laptop has died.dont want to lose my clips again lol

1904p
    That sucks mate...

I'd avoid Seagate hard drives, they are known for failing at higher rates than WD etc. Apparently HGST hard drives are the most reliable, either that or pay a premium and store them on an SSD. RAID might be a good idea too, any kind of backup is useful.

I have multiple HDDS.
    Some backup on websites.
    I'm thinking of paying a yearly fee on one of them and store everything there, it has to have streamable video too which it has because I don't wanna have to download to watch lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudofale View Post
    Urine does not flow in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by suspect09 View Post
    You corner a cat and the claws come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by suspect09 View Post
    DING DING DING!

Active Member 03042017
    I got the premium on dropbox. It backs everything up automatically so long as I put it in the folder, so I have no worries at all. And I can access them from any computer at any time. But Raid 10 is the way to go if you're looking for a safe way to keep your data. It's highly unlikely that they'll both fail at the same time, and you get pretty good speeds.

I bought Toshiba now 3 TB, it's cheaper then Seagate and WD but I don't think their drives are less quality then others , but it's pain in the ass to copy around 1TB back to new HDD over network, I backed up on NAS.

I will need several days.

Good news s that old drive is dying , it clicks but it's detected on older motherboard with old BIOS. I might backup some recent files.

Do not store on cheap DVDs / CDs , during the years discs will become unreadable.

Que delicia

Active Member 03042017
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzara View Post
    I bought Toshiba now 3 TB, it's cheaper then Seagate and WD but I don't think their drives are less quality then others , but it's pain in the ass to copy around 1TB back to new HDD over network, I backed up on NAS.
    There's a website to compare harddrive quality vs. pricing. It's what I use when looking for new parts such as GPU, CPU, etc. (hxxp://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/). I could have sworn it had a section on failure rate, but I guess I was wrong.

Fart Webmaster
    I have a toshiba external HDD where I back up all my stuff fairly regularly, I don't have room for all my videos on my laptop so I tend to keep the big, unedited video files on there too, plus I have multiple old HDDs from old, dead laptops.

I transfer all my files on Mypassport 2 TB external hard disk,and thanks to God it's working fine till now.
    farting is sexy...farting in jeans is hot

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I transfer all my files on Mypassport 2 TB external hard disk,and thanks to God it's working fine till now.
    you should backup , it's never just at one place

Que delicia