clips4sale
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music Production Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by il2f View Post
    This x 1000. And FL Studio Lacks alot of Functions Compared To Other Daws. Sometimes its so frustrating that I wanna switch to another. I'm thinking I might switch to Studio One but Idk. I have Ableton Live Lite, but I just can't find the time to learn adjust
    I mean I've heard that quite a few times but is there any real legitimacy to those claims? What makes FL any less powerful than PT? It seems to have all the core features you really need to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeah4590 View Post
    I mean I've heard that quite a few times but is there any real legitimacy to those claims? What makes FL any less powerful than PT? It seems to have all the core features you really need to do anything.
    It Has What You Need, but as I've already mentioned, the stock plugins aren't nearly as good as other DAWs. They're all cheap honestly(Compared To Third Party Plugins). Along With the GUI Design, this is why FL Studio has a bad name. Most Of The Rumors About FL Studio Are Gibberish though, the industry talks down on FL because its too user friendly. Anyone can learn to use it
    "The bubblier the better i always say."- fratboi

now I have music recorded on my piano so what should I do should I get an interface for the piano so I can hook it up to a cpu or should I use flstudio?

Quote Originally Posted by il2f View Post
    It Has What You Need, but as I've already mentioned, the stock plugins aren't nearly as good as other DAWs. They're all cheap honestly(Compared To Third Party Plugins). Along With the GUI Design, this is why FL Studio has a bad name. Most Of The Rumors About FL Studio Are Gibberish though, the industry talks down on FL because its too user friendly. Anyone can learn to use it
    Yeeeah, in the industry nowadays EVERYONE and their mother is using the same plugins, so it barely matters. That said, though personal preference Sytrus is amazing when you really get into it, and FL keys with a lot of work can also sound really good. But yeah it all boils down to preference, I just hate the bad rep FL gets, I mean user friendly isn't exactly a bad thing, even if it is easy to get into, not everyone has the best ear for music.

Active Member 03042017 suspect09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeah4590 View Post
    Yeeeah, in the industry nowadays EVERYONE and their mother is using the same plugins, so it barely matters. That said, though personal preference Sytrus is amazing when you really get into it, and FL keys with a lot of work can also sound really good. But yeah it all boils down to preference, I just hate the bad rep FL gets, I mean user friendly isn't exactly a bad thing, even if it is easy to get into, not everyone has the best ear for music.
    The thing is that the way its set up is "easy" but doesn't make sense to most people. For example with PT you can organize your tracks much easier. At my previous job I was working with as many as 40-50 tracks. I knew how to disable them all, put volume automation on a sub group and I could edit actual audio in PT so easily. I had to keep that shit organized or it was my ass, and PT makes it easy once you take the time to learn the basics.

With FL, the first thing you see is the sequencer. "Hmm, what's this". You click some dots and suddenly you have a beat going. That's really exciting, BUT, you can get side tracked very easily and not learn the fundamentals of keeping your session organized. That's what happened to me at least.

Hey, maybe I'm a little late but I produce too. I do basic stuff with FL Studio, mainly sampling: I actually write songs and make my own beats. Nothing professional, but I really enjoy making my music.
    "Sweet God, what have you eaten today?! No wait, don't say it, let me find out my way..."

so i figured out fl studio to a certain extent (i'm more used to it than PT.) and i'm pretty much learning everything on my own but i can't figure out how to get a certain echo effect for one of the instruments. i'm trying to get an echo that gradually decreases in volume with every individual echo.

Quote Originally Posted by theguyfromny View Post
    so i figured out fl studio to a certain extent (i'm more used to it than PT.) and i'm pretty much learning everything on my own but i can't figure out how to get a certain echo effect for one of the instruments. i'm trying to get an echo that gradually decreases in volume with every individual echo.
    That's called Delay.

Quote Originally Posted by scythe View Post
    That's called Delay.
    okay thanks.