clips4sale
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music Production Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by il2f View Post
    I've been A Producer For Going On 8 Years. I Use FL Studio + Mpc Element, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Yamaha Hs5's, Krk Rokit 5's, And Two Pairs Of Studio Headphones Since My Home Studio Is Untreated

Not Giving Out Personal Info Though. Could Comeback to Haunt Me.
    how the hell did you start? what the hell are all those things you mentioned(except the fl studio)? I don't need an instrument to use fl studio right? does it come with MIDI( which means different instrument noises right?) or do I need to dl them?

there will be more questions... I wish it was a "might" instead but I'm fairly certain that I will have more questions...sorry whenever I try to get help from someone they never fail to act like this shit is first grade math and that pisses me off more than anything.

btw the only equipment I have is a Yamaha piano that I record songs on. that's all I know about producing...
    Last edited by theguyfromny; 29th October 2015 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theguyfromny View Post
    how the hell did you start? what the hell are all those things you mentioned(except the fl studio)? I don't need an instrument to use fl studio right? does it come with MIDI( which means different instrument noises right?) or do I need to dl them?

there will be more questions... I wish it was a "might" instead but I'm fairly certain that I will have more questions...sorry whenever I try to get help from someone they never fail to act like this shit is first grade math and that pisses me off more than anything.

btw the only equipment I have is a Yamaha piano that I record songs on. that's all I know about producing...
    Unfortunately Its Kind of the same process for everyone. It all looks hard, but its not as hard as it seems.

1st off, you don't have to use FL Studio, but most people, including myself, use it because its the easiest to learn. FL Studio Comes With Everything You Need To Make Beats, But The Stock Sounds Are Trash. You Have to Google search for Drums and Vsts (Virtual Instruments). Midi Mostly Refers to the Notes You Place in the Piano Roll or You Play using Hardware, such as an Mpc(Beat Machine) or a Midi Keyboard. The Yamaha HS5s and Krk Rokit 5s are both Studio Monitors Which you need a pair of your choice in order to mix your music properly (Trying to mix without them is pointless I know from experience). The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Is An Audio Interface, which is used as a Sound Driver and Is a way to Connect Studio Monitors To A PC. The Better The Interface, the better the monitors work.
    "The bubblier the better i always say."- fratboi

Active Member 03042017 suspect09's Avatar
    see, that phrase looks like this to me.

actually nvm. I understand this better...
    lmaooooo

Sorry, when I say analog I mean shit like this:

Actual synthesizers and FX units that you record into an interface or a console.

Quote Originally Posted by suspect09 View Post
    ugh if I walked into a studio and saw that I'd run back out crying. but hey I understood that last part!

ugh if I walked into a studio and saw that I'd run back out crying. but hey I understood that last part!
    It's not as complicated as you think. Once you understand how signal flow works it's pretty straight forward. You just need the signal to get from one place to another via those patch cables (those multi colored wires).

One of my teachers explained it to me with the faucet analogy. If you're working on the pipes of your faucet, you wouldn't turn on the water and then figure out where it's going to come out of or the water will get everywhere. You make sure you understand where the water starts and where it needs to go before turning the faucet on. That is the same concept with analog equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by il2f View Post
    Unfortunately Its Kind of the same process for everyone. It all looks hard, but its not as hard as it seems.

1st off, you don't have to use FL Studio, but most people, including myself, use it because its the easiest to learn. FL Studio Comes With Everything You Need To Make Beats, But The Stock Sounds Are Trash. You Have to Google search for Drums and Vsts (Virtual Instruments). Midi Mostly Refers to the Notes You Place in the Piano Roll or You Play using Hardware, such as an Mpc(Beat Machine) or a Midi Keyboard. The Yamaha HS5s and Krk Rokit 5s are both Studio Monitors Which you need a pair of your choice in order to mix your music properly (Trying to mix without them is pointless I know from experience). The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Is An Audio Interface, which is used as a Sound Driver and Is a way to Connect Studio Monitors To A PC. The Better The Interface, the better the monitors work.
    I haven't been on here in a while, but I would never expect to see this thread on this forum...that said I've been producing for about 3 years on and off.

Also, il2f, that is not necessarily true, the stocks sounds can be very good with processing, and you don't NEED, speakers to mix, although I would say it is recommended but I've heard a lot of good mixed songs with just headphones, preferably studio headphones though.

so how should I start? should I get fl studio?
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeah4590 View Post
    Also, il2f, that is not necessarily true, the stocks sounds can be very good with processing,
    what do you mean?
    Last edited by theguyfromny; 2nd November 2015 at 06:22 AM.

what do you mean?
    He Means that the stock sounds aren't as bad as I made them seem, but to each his own opinion. Most people prefer to use presets anyway.

Also, it doesnt matter what you use, it only matters how you use it.

what do you mean?
    Processing as in you can beef up stock sounds with dynamic and time based FX, like compression, EQ, distortion, reverb etc.

To be honest even though I am fastest in FL studio I kind of wish I started with a more straight forward DAW like ProTools. Most engineers in the music industry use PT. I know how to use it now but it was a major struggle at first because I was so used to FL.

Quote Originally Posted by suspect09 View Post
    Processing as in you can beef up stock sounds with dynamic and time based FX, like compression, EQ, distortion, reverb etc.

To be honest even though I am fastest in FL studio I kind of wish I started with a more straight forward DAW like ProTools. Most engineers in the music industry use PT. I know how to use it now but it was a major struggle at first because I was so used to FL.
    This x 1000. And FL Studio Lacks alot of Functions Compared To Other Daws. Sometimes its so frustrating that I wanna switch to another. I'm thinking I might switch to Studio One but Idk. I have Ableton Live Lite, but I just can't find the time to learn adjust