clips4sale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! internet connection problem

Baned User

HELP!!! internet connection problem

help, i have 2 computers hooked up to the same router and one works fine... the one that i use most of the time is having problems. (according to my task manager) my network utilization is maxing out at .12% not 12%, but .12%... i also play online games and even then my utilization doesn't go past .01%. downloading files doesn't exceed 5kbps, can anybody help me? i haven't been able to access webpages because i keep timing out. i literally just started being able to do anything at all, does anybody know what's going on?

It's hard to tell because I don't know what type of internet connection do you have.
    Also settings depend on your ISP so call support and they should tell you about that because they receive money from you for that!
    it could be IP conflict or maybe error with router , try to reset him and then try again with previous settings.

Que delicia

Sounds like you need to forward some ports in your router. I had a similar problem not to long ago when i tried plugging up both my computer and gaming console to a router. You need to enter your router's settings by using internet explorer.Type in the default gateway or internal ip address of your router and it should take you there. I cant tell you what your your default gateway or internal ip is because i dont know what kind of router you are using.You can find this by double clicking on the LOCAL AREA CONNECTION icon located on your desktop or in the network connections settings. You might even have to forward the ports from your internet connection first and then set your router or comp with problems to use this port. Give us more details and we can help you more.

Baned User
    it would have nothing to do with my isp, if it did then it would effect the router to outside connection, not my computer to router connection. the thing is that everything was working fine and then all of a sudden the comp i use just stopped being able to access the internet well as described above. they have been working in harmony for the past year or two and i just started having problems. there is something seriously wrong here because it's something in my computer that's not allowing me to access the router well, otherwise neither computer would work.

if you can't access the router, check the IP adress of your router maybe it's typed incorrect.

It's inside router firmware , you can access it by opening web browser and typing correctl IP.

Que delicia

Baned User
    if it was the router address, then i wouldn't be able to get to .1% network utilization, but if there was no problem, then i would be able to get significantly higher.

Sorry, I can't help you because I don't live in the USA, I don't know what type of internet connection do you have, if it's adsl , what is the type of your modem.

Router.

I would suggest you to ask someone from your location.

Que delicia

Port Forwarding...

Baned User
    the thing is that my computer isn't even trying to establish a connection to my router... but i found out what is was. i changed the cables and it's fine, but i guess that the other one got crushed and somehow still got a connection... just not a good one. i don't get it though... it was the hardware but it seems like something spyware related.

yep.It's often case that some stupid cables looses a contact.
    I'm glad you solved the problem.

Que delicia