clips4sale
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Governments trying to censor internet content - please sign the petition

Governments trying to censor internet content - please sign the petition

Dear User,

Facebook pictures, blog posts, and even online petitions could be censored in under a new proposal from India. It's critical to stop this plan to censor the Internet now before it spreads to other countries.

According to the New York Times this week, India's Minister for Communication and Information Technology, Kapil Sibal, told Facebook, Google, and other Internet companies that India wants to pre-censor all content before it's posted online -- and if those companies won't do it, that government will do it itself.

Ritesh Singh, an engineering student from the India Institute of Technology in Kharagpur, has used Change.org to spark a nationwide outcry. The government is weighing their options, and Ritesh tells us that international support can tip the scales.

Click here to sign Ritesh's petition calling on Minister Kapil Sibal and India's government to not block freedom of speech and drop the idea of censoring Internet content.

Facebook, Twitter, Google, and other websites are increasingly the place people around the globe go to say what they're thinking. Under the plan floated by India's government, anything you post on those sites would be screened before it's shared with your friends, so the government can make sure nothing is objectionable.

Censoring what you post online isn't just an invasion of your privacy -- it's a violation of your freedom of speech.

While India's proposal may seem radical, the world's biggest democracy isn't alone in wanting to control the Internet. This year alone, countries from the United Kingdom to the United States, and from Egypt to Syria, have all proposed censoring online content. But India's idea is the most direct threat yet, and it needs to be stopped now.

Thousands of Indians have signed Ritesh's petition to stop Internet censorship, but they need you to join them. International pressure could be just what India needs to drop its radical proposal to decide what's posted online.

Join Ritesh's campaign to stop India -- and the world -- from censoring what people post on the Internet.

http://www.change.org/petitions/indi...ensor-facebook

Thanks for being a change-maker,

- Michael and the Change.org team

We should all take a few minutes and sign this petition. I and many others here do not want the government to act as a "middle man" for every post or whatever we make on the internet. It would affect this site, sites of other fetishes we're interested in, and other types of things that we do on the internet. I'm a user from the United States and there are bills in Congress that are trying to force a version of this to be passed. These people are petitioning to prevent that from going into law as well. Again, please take a few minutes and sign this.
    I love it when a girl shows off her smelly feet and stinky farts!

Elite Member
    Srry but the Satanic Gov will do whatever the hell they want becuz we have no control of it just like presidents who get elected and laws that get establish. Our votes, endorsments, and protest speeches are worthless and a waste of time and energy like false promising educational institutions. I say lets not vote for anybody next year. Do not believe that we have liberty and a voice.

Baned User
    Quote Originally Posted by gemiwine View Post
    Srry but the Satanic Gov will do whatever the hell they want becuz we have no control of it just like presidents who get elected and laws that get establish. Our votes, endorsments, and protest speeches are worthless and a waste of time and energy like false promising educational institutions. I say lets not vote for anybody next year. Do not believe that we have liberty and a voice.
    yeah, the words you say will never make it to the internet... oh wait, you mean the fact that this was around 4 hours later is proof that you're just trolling again? yeah, i bet you believe in the tooth fairy and murderous death machines being manufactured in germany as well...

what you say may have bearing on some level, but one hundred trillion wouldn't exist without all of the zeroes.

So india can control the internet in the ENTIRE world !? Come on ...
    Eproctophilia.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FartLove88 View Post
    So india can control the internet in the ENTIRE world !? Come on ...
    No the gov which consist of multiple countries use the internet & technology to control people like hitler did as well as the Knights Templars did to Europe in the 11 12 13 centuries.
    Last edited by gemiwine; 12th December 2011 at 04:28 PM.

Baned User
    What's your point sheep?
    i made my point. either you're too dumb to get it in which case you probably won't or you're just trolling in which case there's no point in trying (but if it's both and you're able to reproduce, god help us).

multiple countries use the internet & technology to control people like hitler did as well as the Knights Templars did to Europe in the 11 12 13 centuries.
    ahh, i guess that answers that

save the trolling for another board... maybe 4chan where everybody else does it?

No the gov which consist of multiple countries use the internet & technology to control people like hitler did as well as the Knights Templars did to Europe in the 11 12 13 centuries.
    I see ... I thought every contry in the world, has theyre own laws about the internet, not a random country who can control and decide to close or control the internet in another country.
    Eproctophilia.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1313Jr.1313 View Post
    i made my point. either you're too dumb to get it in which case you probably won't or you're just trolling in which case there's no point in trying (but if it's both and you're able to reproduce, god help us).

ahh, i guess that answers that

save the trolling for another board... maybe 4chan where everybody else does it?
    Why do u reply to trolls? That's why I don't understand your point while your conclusions are based on derogating. If your smart you would ignore it but you seem to really be against me or get offended when I talk about the gov.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FartLove88 View Post
    I see ... I thought every contry in the world, has theyre own laws about the internet, not a random country who can control and decide to close or control the internet in another country.
    Well every country does have their own laws and Egpyt did shutdown he internet in their country but they all still work together despite these so called world wars its all just propaganda to control us mntally.