PDA

View Full Version : Help!?! trouble with .avi files

dsmiyh338
28th October 2009, 04:35 AM
Any .avi file saved to my docs causes explorer to freeze and close when even scrolled over. Have tried associating AVI;s to WMP11 and VLC...same issue. Error message is explorer has a problem and needs to close. Then auto shutdown of explorer with coded error message that says cannot read referenced memory at "oooz1245ppeec" something like that. Any advice on how to keep this from happening. No probs with .mpg,mp.4 .flv .mov ,mpeg, just .avi??

1313Jr.1313
28th October 2009, 08:04 AM
my guess is that it's just one file that's corrupted and when you open the folder it crashes. is this right?

Guzara
28th October 2009, 10:17 PM
What is happening is you use either ffdshow or other familiar set of decoders who are not supported to be used several times (for each file thumbnail preview windows creates ) , my suggestion is to unninstal video decoders, especially those for divx, mpeg4, and download BS player.

Get rid of ACE mega codec packs or K-lite codec packs.

You will get all known decoders which are reserved to be used only with BS player.

Your errors will disappear

Guzara
28th October 2009, 10:19 PM
PS you don't need to unninstal mpeg2 decoders!

And when you install BS player, enter windows media player and make it default player for all media files.
Just to refresh extensions base.