PDA

View Full Version : Megaupload destroyed my computer! urgent read now!

Fartingbabes
25th February 2009, 01:07 AM
yesterday I was downloading a fart clip from megaupload, the timer went off and the download started, but then I got a popup from smileyz something so I closed it (because whenever you download from mega it has a popup) as soon as I took that one off another popped up then another, and another, soon I was overrun by these popups and started task manager to get them off, I tried with that but they just kept coming so soon so many were on that it had one link at the bottom with a little 93 so my computer got an error message that said overrun (laptop old no big whoop) and it completely fried it, im not blaming megaupload im just saying be careful of the popups and if this happens turn your computer off FAST!

Gassy it would be great if you could some how sticky this so people can see it more than just for the next few days so it doesnt get barried under posts ::beach

SionDS
25th February 2009, 01:58 AM
What browser are you using?

Guzara
25th February 2009, 09:17 PM
Yes, what browser are you using?

Toolbars?

I recommend browsing with firefox.

I never had any problems with firefox apart , few times I noticed she knows to increase use of RAM when you work longer inside - without no reason.

But nevermind, decision is yours.

You can try with alternatives, such as Opera or Google Chrome.

I don't know, but Internet Explorer works a little bit slower for me.It's good, but for beginners.

DesLugath
26th February 2009, 03:50 AM
I wouldn't blame it completely on megaupload. You said the computer was old so it was bound to happen.It was probably the result of defective ram modules.

1313Jr.1313
26th February 2009, 07:20 AM
also, internet explorer practically goes out if its way to get you infected...

SionDS
3rd March 2009, 07:31 PM
Now I'm getting paranoid.

I just tried to DL a file from MU and it tried to install some "DesktopSmily" app on my machine. I'm using FF. Not as bad as what the OP experienced, but just be warned.

dinin2
4th March 2009, 08:56 AM
must have been a fart brasil clip....

SionDS
5th March 2009, 07:40 AM
It was Nitro's ex girlfriend shaking her ass.