PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite antivirus?

Guzara
30th January 2009, 10:46 PM
What's your favourite antivirus? Do you really think you need it ?

Guzara
30th January 2009, 10:51 PM
I didn't tested all of them, but from experience, I used Norton for long time and it was good since I "installed" trojan to the system.

my registry was completely disabled, and also few windows services.
He didn't resolved the problem, so I put NOD32.
He also said everything is fine until I didn't put Czech avast! or AVG.

avast! searched the system in safe mode and cleaned pc.

he's my favourite. AVG is good too, but it use lot of RAM like Norton.

DesLugath
31st January 2009, 02:26 AM
I have used most of the major Antivirus programs and i would say that Kaspersky is my favorite.It is one of the lightest and effective security programs out there.It is definitely better than Norton which is a resource hog.Of course it is not perfect because there is some malware that it can't pick up in scans.I would say Kaspersky has detected most of the viruses i have gotten except one instance.For anything else i would use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which is one of the best freeware Antivirus programs out there.

1313Jr.1313
31st January 2009, 07:26 AM
I'm with you on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. my computer crashed some time ago and thanks to malwarebytes, i didn't have to reformat. besides, norton misses almost everything (same with mcafee) and since my computer is fairly old at this point, it's nice to not have a resource hog. as long as it's updated, you're going to be in the clear almost no matter what. plus it's FREE (and is updated every few days/weeks).

Guzara
7th February 2009, 09:21 PM
I had malware bytes when I had to remove trojan, and it fixed the problem 60%.

But after few months of use, he started to shit about viruses and for the most content I have on my pc it was reported like a virus so I removed it.

Connect
8th February 2009, 12:27 AM
Common Sense is the best antivirus. :)

SionDS
8th February 2009, 06:49 AM
I use AVG, but don't have a clear preference. I mostly keep safe from dl stuff from legit sites, and scan before I unzip rars. That, and also using ff to browse.

I had a ton of protection when I used Napster/Kazaa. Back then the standard advice was that the best thing to do was to have a good general anti virus/malware/ad application, and a handful of very specialized apps to take out the more popular viruses out there, like the vundo virus, i love you, and all the popular trojans back in that day.

All in all, the internet is much more user friendly these days, you dont really need to have a ton of protection like you use to, and yes, Im talking about windows users.

Peltzi_1488
8th February 2009, 12:07 PM
I have F-secure and it's the best