PDA

View Full Version : computer help?

smellyfartsrule
16th July 2008, 02:20 PM
What is a good freeware program to get rid of adware and shit like that? I appreciate it

DesLugath
16th July 2008, 02:27 PM
Ad-Aware is a pretty good program.Do you have a good antivirus? You might not have gotten adware in the first place if you had a good antivirus that detects anything malicious.

smellyfartsrule
16th July 2008, 05:57 PM
yea I have a good anti-virus

HOOF HEARTED
16th July 2008, 09:51 PM
AVG anti-spyware is good to use. And Norton Anti Virus is good. If there's a Best Buy where you live, its on sale this week at $20 & it won't get any lower than that. But when using norton for a full scan, its best 2 use it in safe mode. You can get AVG on filehippo.com

1313Jr.1313
17th July 2008, 06:56 AM
sorry to disagree with you hoof, but i would recommend keeping clear of norton and mcafee. yes, they work, but they add stuff to your computer just in case you try to get rid of them and they slow your computer down a shitload. i'd recommend knowing what processes are actually necessary when you open the task manager and go to processes and when you restart your computer just end the processes of whatever isn't supposed to be running. sometimes it's a permanent fix.