PDA

View Full Version : Letter-writing campaign to sexologist Dan Savage

fart-fetishist
30th June 2008, 05:56 PM
Dan Savage is the leading advice columnist in America. He is best known for penning the internationally syndicated relationship and sex advice column Savage Love. While his home base is "The Stranger", a Seattle,WA-based alternative newspaper, Dan's column is syndicated into dozens of newspapers across the continent and also in Canada and Europe.

The man is openly gay and writes lots of articles advancing the rights of Gays and Lesbians.

Because of the popularity of Savage Love among the younger population, it seems efficient to me if we all start a "letter writing campaign" to Dan Savage dealing with people who have a fart fetish "problem". The idea behind it is, perhaps when Mr. Savage is inundated with dozens of letters talking about it, it will go above the radar screen and Dan would write his advice about it, making it a more "known" fetish rather than an obscure one. At least we accomplish the "awareness front" which is crucial in turning every so-called "kink" - homosexuality, SadoMasochist and so forth into a more acceptable fetish. At least we try - what do we have to lose??

Dan Savage's email is: [email protected]

brap13
30th June 2008, 06:15 PM
Dan Savage already made a comment insulting fart fetishism. :/

FartPallete
30th June 2008, 08:50 PM
I like the idea of this fetish being obscure. That way I can witness massive amounts of girls farting without them suspecting anything.
Now it seems whenever I try to talk a girl into farting, sometimes they are like "are you one those weird pervs that get off on farts?"
It screws up my game.
Plus I'm not looking to be a hero for the next generation of fart fetishists, when that means I'm in the generation of going through the condeming stages all fetishes have gone through til they were finally accepted.
The way I see it if it ain't broke don't fix it, everything is fine now, and girls are being more cool about farting, why do they need to feel uncomfortable about it again?
I say we should stay underground and be more tactical about getting them to fart without coming off as sexual deviants.
If you want to get face farts wait until you're comfy with a girlfriend and then you can show them your kinky side.
Works everytime.
Unless you're the type that can't get a girlfriend, then what makes them think you're going to get some random chick to give you a face fart, all you're doing is bringing the rest of us down with you.

Gasskisser
30th June 2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by brap13
Dan Savage already made a comment insulting fart fetishism. :/

Here's the original comment (scroll down): http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=7165

...and his reply to a follow-up comment (again, scroll down):
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=7230

He's not likely to become a spokesperson for fart fetishism.

Also, I tend to agree with FartPallete. It's probably better not to have this hit the mainstream of public consciousness. If it does, a lot of people will react loudly in disgust, which will convince the people who are undecided that they have to be disgusted too (or else people will think they're dirty perverts).

If we keep it out of the mainstream, we can still win over converts one at a time. Having one amazing woman to fart in my face is all I want, anyway. ::beach

afangorn
30th June 2008, 11:09 PM
"But when it comes to sexual fantasies that are uncommon, to put it nicely (or simply disgusting, to be more accurate)... well, I don't believe that's something a man has a right to expect from someone he isn't paying by the hour."

seriously what a fucking douche.
read the lines. then read between them. all he is saying is "If I dont like it and its not common, then you have no right to be interested in this form of sexuality inside of a real relationship, go and pay someone to satisfy your needs. This disgusting fetish should stay in the gutter with the other forms of street trash"

:[

I prefer the Love Line guy who is on the radio out here in California. He goes into stuff like this where men and women convince themselves that its okay to tell someone "no, you satisfy my needs, that should be YOUR need" instead of a mutual desire to fulfill each other's needs. Though I will admit that when a psychologist actually says that some women are hypersensitive to anything new in bed and consider it "sexual coercion" if you do more than ask nicely I start to respect him a bit more than others. After having experienced such a woman (I got a bum knee. she simply refused to work around it and sometimes I could not walk the day after), I hate it when people try to tiptoe around the issue that maybe someone is just being SELFISH and not acting in a proper manner for what they claim to be a loving relationship.

yeaah in case you cant tell I'm pissed at this guy.

FartPallete
30th June 2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by afangorn
"But when it comes to sexual fantasies that are uncommon, to put it nicely (or simply disgusting, to be more accurate)... well, I don't believe that's something a man has a right to expect from someone he isn't paying by the hour."

seriously what a fucking douche.
read the lines. then read between them. all he is saying is "If I dont like it and its not common, then you have no right to be interested in this form of sexuality inside of a real relationship, go and pay someone to satisfy your needs. This disgusting fetish should stay in the gutter with the other forms of street trash"

:[

I prefer the Love Line guy who is on the radio out here in California. He goes into stuff like this where men and women convince themselves that its okay to tell someone "no, you satisfy my needs, that should be YOUR need" instead of a mutual desire to fulfill each other's needs. Though I will admit that when a psychologist actually says that some women are hypersensitive to anything new in bed and consider it "sexual coercion" if you do more than ask nicely I start to respect him a bit more than others. After having experienced such a woman (I got a bum knee. she simply refused to work around it and sometimes I could not walk the day after), I hate it when people try to tiptoe around the issue that maybe someone is just being SELFISH and not acting in a proper manner for what they claim to be a loving relationship.

yeaah in case you cant tell I'm pissed at this guy.

that guy's response is exactly how the majority of the public will respond.
We may think we're in a new era where people are more open minded but civalization will always be the same.
mass hysteria will always exist.
From reading the drivel he had to say about us, makes me wonder why the fuck was he even brought up in the light that the poster has?

1313Jr.1313
1st July 2008, 02:52 AM
the poster probably just didn't know that this guy was against fart fetishism. oh well, if this guy isn't accepting then screw him. it also sounds like he thinks that this fetish revolves around shit and scatplay.

beezo
1st July 2008, 01:05 PM
That bloke does sound like a fucking retard, the kinda guy that you would wanna punch 10 seconds after meeting him.

Anyway I expected this kind of response by him as he sounds like a flaming homo and over dramatic.

I totally agree with Afangorn that a partner should try to please who they are with as long as it's nothing too out there that could harm you i see no problem.
Farting is embarassing so it could take someone time to warm up to it, but to just flat out refuse and never mention it again is out of order. In that case i wouldent bother to satisfy her if she did not return the favour.

jeanvaljean2
1st July 2008, 04:01 PM
i've just read some stuff from this guy.(dan something)
a lot of questions occured to me:

is he supposed to be a kind shrink or something like that?

is he acting like an asshole cuz he finds it funny?

does he make a living of insulting pervos who write to him (that would make him a pervo too then)?

oh whatever, it's just one more crap press and medias are delivering us daily...