PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop firefox from constantly closing?

HOOF HEARTED
2nd January 2008, 09:29 AM
I don't know if this is a coincidence but it has stopped recently...around when we could get back on this forum. But i've been having a real serious problem with the firefox for a few days. There could be times where I start a new fresh set of tabs when I open up the firefox & when I don't type in a site right away, the thing be saying...Firefox has encountered a problem & needs 2 close. Why was this constantly happening? I know I recently sent 2 error reports about this problem. Its probably fixed now, but why was the firefox acting up like this? Closing constantly, especially when I was on certain sites & other forums? Bad enuff that the networks connections things was popping up constantly also. If this junk happens again, does anyone know what I do 2 prevent this from happening? Trust me I woulda googled the problem but the firefox probably close if I did try 2 solve this problem.

Guzara
2nd January 2008, 02:35 PM
I think best way is to reinstall firefox and scan computer for viruses.

HOOF HEARTED
3rd January 2008, 07:31 AM
I think ima try that! I do wonder though....if I do that, will the bookmarks I have be erased?

Guzara
3rd January 2008, 09:59 AM
I don't know exactly, but you can export them into one file (bookmarks->organize->export->into one file) before reinstall ofcourse if you can open her on that time.

HOOF HEARTED
24th January 2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Gassy
I don't know exactly, but you can export them into one file (bookmarks->organize->export->into one file) before reinstall ofcourse if you can open her on that time.
Well I just recently uninstalled it & reinstalled it. Great news & terrible news. Great news, all my bookmarks are still there & there hasn't been that networks connection error 623 cannot load dialog crap appearing millions of times. :) But the terrible news, when i'm tryna click to something, it mostly be going slow as fuck. And when the computer freezes, the firefox closes all easily like a pussy. :[ the 1st problem I might know. My brother says his router hasn't been working all that perfect lately. Only problem he mainly has is that the going slow part.

Guzara
24th January 2008, 06:11 PM
Hm.I don't know what is. If you tried what I wrote before,
backup your data on some partition,, or dvd, and reinstall the windows.

Do you know that, I mean format the disk and put new fresh windows?