PDA

View Full Version : So what kind of music does everyone listen to?

TastyBootay
26th January 2013, 08:06 AM
Haha, it'd be cool to know. My friends have an alternative rock band, and I'm in a rap group (yes, music you've never heard!) One day when(if) we make it all big I'm going to pay Fionna Applez to go on a date with me to an all you can eat mexican buffet and have sex with her all night.

But seriously, what kind of music are you guys into?

HOOF HEARTED
26th January 2013, 01:15 PM
I'm into good music, real music. 70's, 80's. New Jack Swing, 90's r n b, rap, some old techno music, chopped & screwed music even though i'm not from texas. Music started sucking big dick around 2006. Only good music this decade are carly rae jepsen-call me maybe. The stupidfacedd songs + white girl wasted & jersey shore remix. Gangnam style. The E-40 albums, all 4 revenue retreivin' & all 3 block brochure albums. And certain chopped & screwed albums.

TastyBootay
26th January 2013, 02:33 PM
You ever listened to underground hip hop? Stuffs really good and not ruined by the industry.

Guzara
26th January 2013, 04:38 PM
I'm listening various radio music, old & new, but mostly dance & urban music

1313Jr.1313
27th January 2013, 01:29 PM
Music started sucking big dick around 2006.

welp, now's the part where i share that i am apparently in the minority who think nightwish's newest album along with sonata arctica's two newest albums are some of the greatest things ever produced (mostly stones grow her name). to those afraid to do some google searchage, it's finnish metal i guess, although less metal in recent years but in a way that i find better.

linesinmyface
27th January 2013, 04:46 PM
I like metalcore for the most part, with some dubstep thrown in there. Bands like Falling in Reverse, Attack Attack!, A Day To Remember, I See Stars, I could go one for hours.

sourmold11
27th January 2013, 09:37 PM
You ever listened to underground hip hop? Stuffs really good and not ruined by the industry.
+1! Today's shit is pure garbage in some aspect... All those fucktards talk about in todays hip hop music is popping bottles, getting money, cars, clothes, and the hoes... To me it's turned into "HIP-POP"...

cyrax863
28th January 2013, 07:25 PM
Pretty much everything metal and rock...and Aphex Twin.

HOOF HEARTED
29th January 2013, 12:03 PM
+1! Today's shit is pure garbage in some aspect... All those fucktards talk about in todays hip hop music is popping bottles, getting money, cars, clothes, and the hoes... To me it's turned into "HIP-POP"...
To be fair, that's what i'd love to have. $$$, cars, clothes & chicks. They hardly rap about that anymore. Electronic type sounds are mainly used in rap & I don't like the sound.

facefartee
29th January 2013, 03:17 PM
To be fair, that's what i'd love to have. $$$, cars, clothes & chicks. They hardly rap about that anymore. Electronic type sounds are mainly used in rap & I don't like the sound.

I think everyone would love to have it, but we can't relate to it because we don't have it. I'd rather listen to a rapper or singer who actually sings about issues that I actually face, rather than making me pine for things I don't have.

tetsuo
30th January 2013, 05:21 AM
welp, now's the part where i share that i am apparently in the minority who think nightwish's newest album along with sonata arctica's two newest albums are some of the greatest things ever produced (mostly stones grow her name). to those afraid to do some google searchage, it's finnish metal i guess, although less metal in recent years but in a way that i find better.

I generally dislike metal, but I have to say their stuff isn't bad.

I'm generally into alternative/old school hip-hop, found-sound type shit, free form and funky jazz, and snotty punk.

Nah. Even guys who've been around awhile have produced pretty crappy stuff recently. It's very hard to find a good hip-hop track post-2002.

Mary
30th January 2013, 05:29 AM
I am so liking Grace Potter's stuff!!!!

FartLove88
30th January 2013, 05:33 AM
Trance, House, Downtempo, Progressive Breaks, Rock etc.

Mudofale
30th January 2013, 07:00 AM
Lately I have just been listening to alternative jazz, and other forms of jazz. Some classic music, and rap. Most of the rap I listen to is either old school, or older but not so much main streamed songs.

HOOF HEARTED
31st January 2013, 02:51 AM
Since 2009 my interest in music has went down cause of certain rumors i've heard in the music industry. Hollyweird also. And its very disturbing. I look at certain artists differently now. Few things I believe, a lot of it I don't. God would have to show me on a big screen tv the rumors being true in order to believe it. Some people in the industry are so screwed up in the head ::crazy they make the Lohans seem innocent & morally stable.

1313Jr.1313
31st January 2013, 04:17 AM
Since 2009 my interest in music has went down cause of certain rumors i've heard in the music industry. Hollyweird also. And its very disturbing. I look at certain artists differently now. Few things I believe, a lot of it I don't. God would have to show me on a big screen tv the rumors being true in order to believe it. Some people in the industry are so screwed up in the head ::crazy they make the Lohans seem innocent & morally stable.
dude, a lot of the crap out there right now i wouldn't listen to even if they were saints.

HOOF HEARTED
31st January 2013, 01:57 PM
dude, a lot of the crap out there right now i wouldn't listen to even if they were saints.
Amen to that! Pun not to be intended.

Mudofale
1st February 2013, 06:34 AM
That's why I just listen to music that fits my mood. Feeling mischievous? Listen to some Eminem. Need to get some work down and want some smooth music? Nujabes or DJ Okawari.

It's a waste of time to listen to artist just because of their life or because the represent x,y,z. Just listen to what sounds good to you and leave it at that. If you try to follow the artist through and through you will end up listening to rocks tapping on pavement because no artist fits with everything or tells the 100% truth.

tetsuo
1st February 2013, 07:33 PM
you will end up listening to rocks tapping on pavement

I listen to that sometimes. They call it post-Neanderthal revival.

1313Jr.1313
1st February 2013, 10:14 PM
That's why I just listen to music that fits my mood. Feeling mischievous? Listen to some Eminem. Need to get some work down and want some smooth music? Nujabes or DJ Okawari.

It's a waste of time to listen to artist just because of their life or because the represent x,y,z. Just listen to what sounds good to you and leave it at that. If you try to follow the artist through and through you will end up listening to rocks tapping on pavement because no artist fits with everything or tells the 100% truth.

Love how that is pretty much exclusive to shitty music, lol.

ffantasy1
4th February 2013, 11:52 AM
I like a lot of electronic music. Especially genres like downtempo/chillout, trip hop, and instrumental hip hop. Although I'm into some less laid back electronic genres as well such as jungle/dnb, IDM, the occasional house or techno artist, etc. Most other music I listen to tends to be more rock-based. Punk rock (mostly 70s-80s punk), alternative, stoner rock, classic rock, a few folk singers, so on.

KC123
21st February 2013, 12:23 PM
80s hardcore punk, and a bit of doom metal, plus some mathcore and the occasional 80s pop afternoon too.

Karl
21st February 2013, 10:15 PM
rock '70/'80,dance,disco,techno,trance.

sandyswallows
22nd February 2013, 09:27 AM
I'm into good music...... chopped & screwed music even though i'm not from texas. .
::confused how can good music be in the same sentence as chopped & screwed? Unless you are saying 'if you want to find the thing farthest from good music you should check out chopped & screwed'

Fartingbabes
22nd February 2013, 10:09 PM
I'll listen to just about anything. I enjoy dubstep, rock, and anything in-between. Maybe not country or most hip-hop/rap, but, I like to keep an open mind. I do especially enjoy mixed genres and eclectic music. ex: http://xxx.youtube.com/watch?v=GzDHML3Szv4&feature=youtu.be&t=30s

tetsuo
23rd February 2013, 01:33 AM
I'm surpsised nobody has mentioned Merzbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIsh1J4FbKU

HOOF HEARTED
23rd February 2013, 10:04 AM
::confused how can good music be in the same sentence as chopped & screwed? Unless you are saying 'if you want to find the thing farthest from good music you should check out chopped & screwed'
I don't know what you mean. I might have phrased my sentence wrong. Its believed that only texan natives like chopped & screwed music, well its not true. I'm probably the biggest non texan chopped & screwed music fan.