PDA

View Full Version : Lmao toot blocked my ip

lololo
26th September 2012, 02:08 AM
So apparently if you up a video that you found he blocks your ip. How he obtained it and applied to it me, seems fishy.
This forum doesn't have a way for regular people to track your IP address.
Funny thing is I'm blocked from a different one of his sites lmao.
a simple proxy test showed that only my ip was blocked (I even tried accessing from my phone on cell service only and that worked). What he doesn't get, is that ip addresses don't matter.

fartyparty
26th September 2012, 02:48 AM
unless you visited there site then i dont see how he got your ip address, as for ip addresses everything that connects to the internet has a different ip address alls you need to do is renew your ip and it should be fine.

As for posting copyright stuff if they didnt make clips so expensive then people wouldn't do it but piracy will be around for a long time so is he going to block every single person that posts a clip because i dont think his content would be seen at all then, i think its good advertising because if the clip gets deleted people might wanna see it again and buy it.

Its like red-tube.com theres some really good amateur clips on there but its like 1000 coins per clip and for 4000 coins its 40 euros i think people are really greedy but then again it stops piracy.

lololo
26th September 2012, 03:03 AM
Unless mediafire tracks your ip, I don't know how he got it.

MasterBlaster
26th September 2012, 03:04 AM
Or he could be spying on us.

Mudofale
26th September 2012, 03:46 AM
unless you visited there site then i dont see how he got your ip address, as for ip addresses everything that connects to the internet has a different ip address alls you need to do is renew your ip and it should be fine.

As for posting copyright stuff if they didnt make clips so expensive then people wouldn't do it but piracy will be around for a long time so is he going to block every single person that posts a clip because i dont think his content would be seen at all then, i think its good advertising because if the clip gets deleted people might wanna see it again and buy it.

Its like red-tube.com theres some really good amateur clips on there but its like 1000 coins per clip and for 4000 coins its 40 euros i think people are really greedy but then again it stops piracy.

You make it sound like everyone can just change their IP whenever they wanted. If was a static ban then he will need to call his ISP and request a new IP which some ISP's charge you for that.
However, it is probably just a dynamic ban. Reset your router or your computer and it should be fine. Also varies on what ISP you have.

What he doesn't get, is that ip addresses don't matter.
Oh silly you, IP's actually mean a lot. They may seem insignificant when someone blocks your IP from doing x,y,z, but an IP in the wrong hands can get you into some interesting trouble.

lololo
26th September 2012, 04:02 AM
I meant it in the way that you can get around stuff easily. But using an ip to track someone is illegal, especially if it wasn't mine. Say I was at a friends house or a local coffee shop. It'd look bad on him to try to track someone there.

Mudofale
26th September 2012, 04:07 AM
I meant it in the way that you can get around stuff easily. But using an ip to track someone is illegal, especially if it wasn't mine. Say I was at a friends house or a local coffee shop. It'd look bad on him to try to track someone there.
Actually... using someones dynamic IP to track someone is perfectly legal. Using someones static IP to track someone on the other hand is heading into the grey area. Mcafee (if I am not mistaken) has a built in program for tracking IP's. Usually for people using your ports, tracking where it is coming from like. Beijing, China. Or something along those lines.

lololo
26th September 2012, 04:30 AM
I mean he can't just track me down to my house legally without using illegal methods lol

Mudofale
26th September 2012, 04:48 AM
I mean he can't just track me down to my house legally without using illegal methods lol
Yeah, that he can not do.

1313Jr.1313
26th September 2012, 08:37 PM
never get on his forum w/o proxy, lol.

sourmold11
26th September 2012, 09:05 PM
never get on his forum w/o proxy, lol.
That's true!

Mudofale
26th September 2012, 11:52 PM
Never get on his forum
Or just do that.
All honesty, anyone can get anyones IP through a forum apparently. Or at least my friend said you could. It's useless considering most people do not even know what to do with it if they did have it. My guess, he went to his forum and brought a clip over here (stupid if you ask me).

afangorn
17th October 2012, 06:06 AM
never get on his forum.
This. Back when I was still a member of his forum there was maaaaaaaybe a new post once a month. What's the fucking point?
Still waiting for that coward to tell me why he banned me. Guess not posting often enough is a ban worthy offense. or maybe posting here is a ban worthy offense. Cause I sure as hell wasn't sharing videos before he banned me. Good job on that one, toot, really helped your cause.

1313Jr.1313
17th October 2012, 07:22 AM
This. Back when I was still a member of his forum there was maaaaaaaybe a new post once a month. What's the fucking point?
Still waiting for that coward to tell me why he banned me. Guess not posting often enough is a ban worthy offense. or maybe posting here is a ban worthy offense. Cause I sure as hell wasn't sharing videos before he banned me. Good job on that one, toot, really helped your cause.

lol, i can understand why he banned me, but you weren't like me. i was basically calling out his lack of free speech on his board on a daily basis and constantly calling him out when he was making stuff up, but you were (no offense) much closer to brown nosing him on his board and i don't think i saw you saying anything that was contrary to what he wanted on his board. i never knew you got banned from his board, lol, i just thought you gave this place a chance and enjoyed the ability to not get in trouble for speaking your mind.

Mudofale
17th October 2012, 07:26 AM
I was wondering where this thread vanished to.

As for that forum, I have yet to set foot on it. I think I tried to make an account on it a few years back, but that may have been for some other site.

1313Jr.1313
17th October 2012, 07:35 AM
I was wondering where this thread vanished to.

As for that forum, I have yet to set foot on it. I think I tried to make an account on it a few years back, but that may have been for some other site.

if you want to see hypocrisy and overall douchebaggery killing a forum, head on over; it's quite a spectacle.

Mudofale
17th October 2012, 07:46 AM
if you want to see hypocrisy and overall douchebaggery killing a forum, head on over; it's quite a spectacle.

No thanks, I have seen plenty of that over my years of online gaming... Trust me.