PDA

View Full Version : Should this forum have a ventrilo?

Shoddragon
25th August 2007, 05:28 AM
I was thinking because some people type really bad, we should get a ventrilo.

1313Jr.1313
25th August 2007, 09:56 AM
i voted no because think about it... do you really want to talk to a bunch of other guys on a forum about farts and hear their voices over slightly bad quality microphones?

Guzara
25th August 2007, 10:05 AM
excuse me, what is ventrilo??? :unsure

foxface
25th August 2007, 06:56 PM
aha i have a 100 man vent server but im not going to go out and give info out :x i agree with 1313.

yapyepyo
25th August 2007, 11:55 PM
if their english is bad while typing, it will probably be even worse when they try to speak. Although I'm kind of curious what talks there would be, I still agree with 1313, it would be pretty weird :p

Antdawg
26th August 2007, 01:18 AM
What is a ventrilo?

Tornado
26th August 2007, 05:00 AM
Ventrilo 2.3.0 is the next evolutionary step of Voice over IP (VoIP) group communications software. Ventrilo is also the industry standard by which all others measure themselves as they attempt to imitate its features.

By offering surround sound positioning and special sound effects on a per user, per channel, per server or global configuration level the program provides each user the option to fully customize exactly how they wish to hear sounds from other users or events.

Ventrilo is best known for it's superior sound quality and minimal use of CPU resources so as not to interfere with day to day operations of the computer or during online game competitions. It is also preferred for the simple user interface that any first time computer user can very quickly learn because the most commonly used features are immediately visible and can be activated with a single click of the mouse.

::shok :ohmy :unsure ::confused

Ohgrabme
26th August 2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by 1313Jr.1313
i voted no because think about it... do you really want to talk to a bunch of other guys on a forum about farts and hear their voices over slightly bad quality microphones?

what he said. This isn't a video game, its just men with a fetish. im good with just communicating via the forum

Guzara
26th August 2007, 09:06 PM
mmm I don't know. But I must see it before...m :unsure

mastershake
27th August 2007, 05:10 AM
Yeah, I don't think we should have one either because it would be kind of awkward talking to you guys about girls farting imo, plus the main purpose of vent nowadays is to be a better alternative to teamspeak.

smellyfartsrule
27th August 2007, 05:33 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with 13

Shoddragon
28th August 2007, 06:23 AM
lol @ the votes they are 666.

1313Jr.1313
28th August 2007, 06:46 AM
lol, the only responses are about how we shouldn't have one, but yet we are even

Shoddragon
29th August 2007, 05:41 AM
number 1. even as a teamspeak we can instantly reply with text messages ( sorta like an instnat messenger) so it would make things easier.

2. it can take a bit of bandwith pressure off of the forum and allow it to run a bit better.

3. any GGG material or whatsoever would sorta be OK since it is not in the forum and would eb conducted privately ( u can create private chat rooms within the ventrilo server that can be passsworded).

4. noone could be sued or anything watsoever because it can be totally private.

5. heat can be taken away from teh forum

1313Jr.1313
30th August 2007, 07:03 AM
but if that's the reason, then why not go to a myspace chatroom or something?

Shoddragon
30th August 2007, 08:07 PM
1. myspace suks, not everyone has one, nuff said.
2. ventrilo is actually instant and u can include literally like upwards off 100 people at once.
3. u can make private rooms within the vent server for example, to trade GGG id and pw or something.
4. bigdawg/ps3 could do nothing whatsoever ( though he hanst done anything in a good while anyway) because it is completely private.

5. why would we do it on myspace? having a myspace with lots of fart meterial would be really weird.

6. ventrilo mega pwns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> myspace by miles.

1313Jr.1313
31st August 2007, 06:59 AM
i said or something because it would be the same concept as the vent... i didn't mean literally myspace, lol. but if you know what i mean, there are other ways of getting basically the exact same result of a ventrillo (for the required purpose, anyway) without the voice option that i feel would be more suitable for these needs.