PDA

View Full Version : Runnig out of disk space???

fartsucker123
19th August 2007, 02:44 AM
My p.c is telling me it only has 8 gb of memory left out of the 70 gb it has on my harddrive.
Ive burnt all my files to disk and deleted any software i don't use but it still tells me the same.
Ive looked in my documents, my computer and IBM Preload and clicked show hidden files, but still i can't find any pictures or files that i have downloaded from the internet anyware.
I know that this is what is using up all my memory , because i've added the size off all the software up that i us and its only using less than 2 gb of disk space.

This is starting to get very frustrating as i can't use the space i need becauce its clogged up with rubbish.

Just wrote this on the off chance that someone here might know a lot more about computers than i do, and may be able to point me in the right direction.

I would very grateful for any kind of help anyone can give me thankyou.

1313Jr.1313
19th August 2007, 08:09 AM
try opening control panel and going to add/remove programs and check for anything that's big that you don't use and remove it. i hope that helps.

Guzara
19th August 2007, 10:45 AM
try to buy another hard drive. or try tu put new windows.

DesLugath
19th August 2007, 12:56 PM
You should use the disk cleaner application in windows.You can do this by going to Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup. If that doesnt work try to clear your internet browser cache by going to Tools> Internet Options> Delete files if you use IE and Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete if you use firefox.