PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome has crashed on both my accounts. How do I fix this?

HOOF HEARTED
12th August 2012, 11:16 PM
Do I have it removed from the control panels? And reinstall it? Yeah even though I barely use it nowadays because it can freeze a bunch like freezerfox but I still like it. I loved GC at the beginning ::smile, it was even faster then. I don't even know why it crashed in the 1st place :unsure There is a part of me that will use another browser called comodo dragon, not because it looks like GC. Just downloaded CD some minutes ago. Need multiple choices when 1 decides to jack off, freeze too much & annoy me ::brooding

JeanFarts
12th August 2012, 11:20 PM
Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a program>Search for GC

HOOF HEARTED
13th August 2012, 11:10 AM
I know how to uninstall, I tried scanning for viruses but there was none. It would still continue to crash::confused

theguyfromny
13th August 2012, 02:12 PM
I know how to uninstall, I tried scanning for viruses but there was none. It would still continue to crash::confused
SAME HERE!!! i don't know what happened but i can't even open it!whenever i do my entire computer freezes!

FartLove88
13th August 2012, 05:15 PM
Try Google Chrome Canary. Regular chrome often crashes for me aswell, but then i just use Canary. I have never experienced any crashes using that. Or maybe you just need to find a new browser.

Karl
13th August 2012, 08:48 PM
I'm not surprised about this shit.Never I was fascinated by GC.They're just principiants in my opinion,in confront of Firefox,4 example....Also you have spyware risk everytime,but I know,some ppl want speed in the 1st...

Mudofale
14th August 2012, 03:00 AM
I've never had any of these problems with browsers freezing or crashing, but if I had to guess this is either hard ware related or soft ware related, more then likely it is a combination of both. Chrome and Firefox both use a large amount of RAM and CPU for an internet browser because of the plug-in container and then the actual browser its self. Each time you open a tab it starts a new process. Essentially you can trouble shoot it yourself, monitor your CPU usage while you open/ are using it and also monitor your RAM usage while using and opening it. If it is in the 70-98% range then it is most likely hard ware related.

As for being soft ware related it is probably conflicting with another program on your system. Do you use anti-viruses, fire walls, malware protection? When did this start occurring? Did you recently update your system or a frequently used program? I would need further information to help you.

HOOF HEARTED
14th August 2012, 03:52 AM
Try Google Chrome Canary. Regular chrome often crashes for me aswell, but then i just use Canary. I have never experienced any crashes using that. Or maybe you just need to find a new browser.
What's canary? Never heard of it. I would get any new browsers or anti spyware & stuff from filehippo.com

I've never had any of these problems with browsers freezing or crashing, but if I had to guess this is either hard ware related or soft ware related, more then likely it is a combination of both. Chrome and Firefox both use a large amount of RAM and CPU for an internet browser because of the plug-in container and then the actual browser its self. Each time you open a tab it starts a new process. Essentially you can trouble shoot it yourself, monitor your CPU usage while you open/ are using it and also monitor your RAM usage while using and opening it. If it is in the 70-98% range then it is most likely hard ware related.

As for being soft ware related it is probably conflicting with another program on your system. Do you use anti-viruses, fire walls, malware protection? When did this start occurring? Did you recently update your system or a frequently used program? I would need further information to help you.
Avast antivirus for a few months now & it works good so I saved $20 of anti-virus software i'd have 2 get yearly. CCleaner, spybots once a week. I did notice that a few days ago when my computer did that annoying chkdsk, I ended up with 3 more GB's on my local desk ::smile I don't know what was minused. Could be something that was needed to make google chrome work.

Mudofale
14th August 2012, 06:51 PM
What's canary? Never heard of it. I would get any new browsers or anti spyware & stuff from filehippo.com

Avast antivirus for a few months now & it works good so I saved $20 of anti-virus software i'd have 2 get yearly. CCleaner, spybots once a week. I did notice that a few days ago when my computer did that annoying chkdsk, I ended up with 3 more GB's on my local desk ::smile I don't know what was minused. Could be something that was needed to make google chrome work.
I doubt it deleted anything that chrome uses, those type of sweeps delete anything that is low profile and is not used frequently. Such as temporary internet files, cookies, old txt documents, old fragments of programs etc etc.

Did you check your Avast settings to make sure it isn't blocking chrome? Could have accidentally changed the settings through a prompt without realizing it. Chrome had a recent update to their Flash Plugin Container, was that one of the issues you were having or was it just not being able to open it without it crashing? What are you usually doing when it crashes?

FartLove88
15th August 2012, 12:31 AM

It is a Test browser really, they are testing & developing it further. Maybe not the best to use if it is in development, but it has been stable for me, never crashed, Although i have just used it 6 or 7 times, when ordinary Chrome crashes. You can find more information about it here if you are interested:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/google-chrome-canary-technology-explained/

I would also recommend Opera, which is good.

HOOF HEARTED
15th August 2012, 04:07 AM
It is a Test browser really, they are testing & developing it further. Maybe not the best to use if it is in development, but it has been stable for me, never crashed, Although i have just used it 6 or 7 times, when ordinary Chrome crashes. You can find more information about it here if you are interested:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/google-chrome-canary-technology-explained/

I would also recommend Opera, which is good.
I also use opera. What I don't like about opera is that I gotta retype when I go in a forum. Doesn't have the username & password in there already where I just gotta press the button.

I'm not surprised about this shit.Never I was fascinated by GC.They're just principiants in my opinion,in confront of Firefox,4 example....Also you have spyware risk everytime,but I know,some ppl want speed in the 1st...
Ironic that you bring up FF4, cause when it went to 4....that's when it turned to freezerfox ever since :[

I doubt it deleted anything that chrome uses, those type of sweeps delete anything that is low profile and is not used frequently. Such as temporary internet files, cookies, old txt documents, old fragments of programs etc etc.

Did you check your Avast settings to make sure it isn't blocking chrome? Could have accidentally changed the settings through a prompt without realizing it. Chrome had a recent update to their Flash Plugin Container, was that one of the issues you were having or was it just not being able to open it without it crashing? What are you usually doing when it crashes?
Show me a link where chrome has a flash plugin container. I've been using avast for a few months now, & its not blocking chrome. UPDATE: I'm using chrome now ::smile Its working again. Now I do have a problem with my brother's wireless network connection working & not working the last few days. Keeps cutting off just like that. And its very annoying when i'm trying to upload things to this or other forums :[. I feel that its a router problem.

FartLove88
15th August 2012, 06:26 PM
I also use opera. What I don't like about opera is that I gotta retype when I go in a forum. Doesn't have the username & password in there already where I just gotta press the button.

Yes that is true. And Opera runs slow on my computer, but i think it is one of the best browsers out there.
But i'm a Chrome guy, and will always use that.

UPDATE: I'm using chrome now ::smile Its working again. Now I do have a problem with my brother's wireless network connection working & not working the last few days. Keeps cutting off just like that. And its very annoying when i'm trying to upload things to this or other forums :[. I feel that its a router problem.

I did have a router/connection problem here the other day aswell.

HOOF HEARTED
16th August 2012, 10:47 AM
Yes that is true. And Opera runs slow on my computer, but i think it is one of the best browsers out there.
But i'm a Chrome guy, and will always use that.

I did have a router/connection problem here the other day aswell.
Looks like others besides us did. I heard on the news that verizon had problems a few days ago, the dmv had computer problems with the router so 2 + 2 2gether.

FartLove88
16th August 2012, 02:26 PM
Looks like others besides us did. I heard on the news that verizon had problems a few days ago, the dmv had computer problems with the router so 2 + 2 2gether.

It happens to from time to time, but when i turn off the Router, then on again, it helps. I don't know about Verizon, that is an American company right ?

Guzara
24th August 2012, 10:40 PM
unninstal chrome-> delete appdata of chrome under your user account, it's hidden by default -> clean with regcure ->delete temporary windows files -> install again