PDA

View Full Version : "Oron" Shut Down!?!

IHeartGirlFarts
2nd August 2012, 03:55 AM
I think its shut down. Somebody please tell me I'm wrong so I can stop holding my breathe.

lololo
2nd August 2012, 04:05 AM
Oh boy...

karam ghabawa
2nd August 2012, 04:06 AM
what a fucking shit its true:down
I think at the end of 2012 all uploading sites will not work
If You got clip invite the members to see it at Your home::shok

lololo
2nd August 2012, 04:07 AM
Tried 5 website status sites. All down on oron. Guess its happened.

MasterBlaster
2nd August 2012, 04:35 AM
There is a possibility that Oron's just having a server issue.

assgirl100
2nd August 2012, 04:36 AM
Maybe they are doing system upgrade or maybe they are located in India where there is big power cut. Hope they are not down, will know for sure in a couple days.:eek:

MasterBlaster
2nd August 2012, 04:37 AM
Wait a minute...maybe this has something to do with it: http://torrentfreak.com/filesonic-oron-and-their-users-hit-with-piracy-lawsuit-120730/

lololo
2nd August 2012, 04:44 AM
Funny, because filesonic shut down sharing ability so wtf?

sourmold11
2nd August 2012, 06:36 PM
FTW!!!::close

cdc
2nd August 2012, 07:54 PM
DAMN, DAMN, doesn't work since yesterday...
Bitter dicks!

lololo
2nd August 2012, 07:59 PM
Oh that particular forum thing used all oron. Bye bye them.

hunterbutt69
2nd August 2012, 08:14 PM
Can always use others like: http://depositfiles.com/

Karl
2nd August 2012, 09:09 PM
what a fucking shit its true:down
If You got clip invite the members to see it at Your home::shok
At the end of 2012 also i think this is minor problem...

Karl
2nd August 2012, 09:11 PM
And thanks to God I dont renewed quote

fartingboy
2nd August 2012, 11:02 PM
Does the uploader und downloader of the sites get sued also ?

mrnukem
3rd August 2012, 01:54 AM
According to this Oron is going to turn over subscriber information to the studio suing them so they can sue people who downloaded their content so even if Oron comes back I wont be signing up again.

https://torrentfreak.com/cyberlocker-offered-to-help-prosecute-users-to-settle-34-8m-copyright-suit-120706/ (https://torrentfreak.com/cyberlocker-offered-to-help-prosecute-users-to-settle-34-8m-copyright-suit-120706/)

GalzFartCushion
3rd August 2012, 03:15 AM
There is always tubes like dailymotion!

IHeartGirlFarts
3rd August 2012, 05:51 AM
There is a possibility that Oron's just having a server issue.

Was thinking the same. U'd think if it really was down for good that somebody would of come forth w/ a link to confirm or something by now. Hope fully this is the case *biting finger-nails thinking about all the lost gems*

IHeartGirlFarts
3rd August 2012, 05:54 AM

Smh. Silly little truffle. Ur living a false reality.

Mudofale
3rd August 2012, 08:29 AM
To everyone freaking out....

Oron.com News Update: August 2, 7:20am

It's unbelievable how difficult it is to find relevant and timely information on Oron.com being offline using Google. In any case, by way of my download provider I found what is claimed to be the official Oron.com statement for their current downtime:

"At this time we are in the process of moving Oron.com to another hosting provider. As soon as we finish this process we will post a notification on our site. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you."

Which, given what I've seen and am seeing, this makes sense. Once Oron has moved their site to new servers, it should be available again to everybody within 24-72 hours due to DNS propagation.

If there are any more newsworthy updates about Oron being offline during their current downtime, I'll post it on this page.

And for the source...

http://premiumaccount.info/1338/oron-filehoster-down/

Now everyone just calm down...

It is amazing what you can find using google in about 45 seconds.

cdc
3rd August 2012, 09:18 AM
Lazy generation! ::funny

GalzFartCushion
3rd August 2012, 01:18 PM

It's unbelievable how difficult it is to find relevant and timely information on Oron.com being offline using Google. In any case, by way of my download provider I found what is claimed to be the official Oron.com statement for their current downtime:

"At this time we are in the process of moving Oron.com to another hosting provider. As soon as we finish this process we will post a notification on our site. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you."

Which, given what I've seen and am seeing, this makes sense. Once Oron has moved their site to new servers, it should be available again to everybody within 24-72 hours due to DNS propagation.

If there are any more newsworthy updates about Oron being offline during their current downtime, I'll post it on this page.

And for the source...

True lol! google is as good at answering questions as it is a search engine

lololo
3rd August 2012, 01:42 PM
Funny, because for two days I googled I for info about oron shutting down, and I can assure you that post was NOT there. Did you read the date this thread was posted? It was almost two days ago. That update was only made yesterday. So don't criticize us for "not using google" if the info didn't exist then :p

GalzFartCushion
3rd August 2012, 03:58 PM
I just didnt bother lookin, loss of intrest

suspect09
3rd August 2012, 06:19 PM
Oron can suck a bag of dicks, shitty uploading site and not worth it

Mudofale
3rd August 2012, 06:59 PM
Funny, because for two days I googled I for info about oron shutting down, and I can assure you that post was NOT there. Did you read the date this thread was posted? It was almost two days ago. That update was only made yesterday. So don't criticize us for "not using google" if the info didn't exist then

:p
Started by IHeartGirlFarts, 1 Day Ago

Original text: August 1, 1:20pm

Maybe you should read it again then... Criticize yourself before you aim at someone else.

IHeartGirlFarts
3rd August 2012, 07:44 PM

And for the source...

Thank u. Should of known this was the case. Yeah I was just trying to d/l a clip the other night and noticed it was down; didn't bother to Google it or anything. Kind of knew this was the case b/c I'm a busy guy and if it was down officially I figured somebody else would of beat me to posting a thread about it lol. Idk thanks again tho.

lololo
3rd August 2012, 09:33 PM
Started by IHeartGirlFarts, 1 Day Ago

Original text: August 1, 1:20pm

Maybe you should read it again then... Criticize yourself before you aim at someone else.

Im sorry, are you blind? You just contradicted yourself.

fartingboy
4th August 2012, 12:54 AM
Goood. Im glad is a moving process and not a shut down process. Im calmed now :rolleyes

GalzFartCushion
4th August 2012, 01:42 AM
^ whats goin on with that avatar feller?

Mudofale
4th August 2012, 03:43 AM
Im sorry, are you blind? You just contradicted yourself.

So are you telling me the date of the post and actual release of the information do not correspond with each other? I didn't make the post on that website someone else did. So if you want to take up a 'quarrel' of dates then talk to their web master. I simply copy and pasted what I saw. So now I shall ask you, why is it prevalent to you as to what the dates have to do with the site being down currently?

For one thing everyone jumped to conclusions without doing any research what so ever, as I stated before if you took 5 minutes to look around before assuming "Omg the feds took oron too!" then you wouldn't be blaming me for bashing you. I think thats what you're doing, not really sure at this point just seems like pointless point making. Oron is changing servers, simple as that. Can we move on or are you going to comment on my tone of writing next? Or correct the dates again?

lololo
4th August 2012, 03:55 AM
You obviously don't understand the point of it. I said that the thread maker would have no way of reading the article you posted, because it didn't exist when he made the thread. That's all I was fucking saying. Then you come in having to be mister "everyone else is lazy" and say "if you only spent 5 minutes searching" as a matter of fact, I spent over 5 minutes. However there was no info to be found, because the site had only been down for a few hours max.

Mudofale
4th August 2012, 04:07 AM
Funny, because for two days I googled I for info about oron shutting down, and I can assure you that post was NOT there. Did you read the date this thread was posted? It was almost two days ago. That update was only made yesterday. So don't criticize us for "not using google" if the info didn't exist then :p

You said nothing about the person who made this thread, your statement was about you not being able to find anything for two days. When in fact your post was made (roughly two days ago) when oron had only been down for a day. So if you had actually "looked" for two days then you would have found that post that I went through two links on google to find. "Looked for 5 minutes" so now you're lying... point dissmised.

lololo
4th August 2012, 04:11 AM
Ok you are a dumbass. The entire point of my comment was that the OP couldn't find that post because it didn't exist? And personally I didn't care if oron was gone or not. And who the FUCK are you to interpret what I meant? Lmao. Some people just amaze me at how stupid they can be.

Mudofale
4th August 2012, 04:49 AM
Ok you are a dumbass. The entire point of my comment was that the OP couldn't find that post because it didn't exist? And personally I didn't care if oron was gone or not. And who the FUCK are you to interpret what I meant? Lmao. Some people just amaze me at how stupid they can be.

You really do amaze me how stupid you can be. The point of your post? If you were referring to heart why didn't you say "He" instead of "I?" Either you have piss poor grammar or you're lying once again to cover your tracks... Just admit you didn't bother to look for information like everyone else and just jumped to conclusions... The OP did not take offense (as he shouldn't, common mistake most people make and myself) so why are you defending him?

Did you not say you googled it for two days then just claim you googled it for all of 5 minutes?

I have to interpret what you are trying to say because you keep saying different things and changing points of view. If you took offense to it then thats your deal. All you had to say was "I take offense to this because I am not lazy and I did do research but did not find anything" simple as that. But now you're weaving lies and truth...

lololo
4th August 2012, 05:38 AM
You clearly can read that I said I searched for much longer than five minutes. I searched on August 1st and 2nd. The information as to what happened to oron came out late on the 2nd, so yes, two days I looked. Not nonstop every hour, but every few hours or so I'd google something about it.

Is someone being hit on the sensitive nerve? You feel the need to be an absolute jack ass when someone objects to your harsh criticisms. Seriously, fuck off. I don't give a damn what you say about me anymore. Lol.

youngsniff
4th August 2012, 09:25 AM
loud noises!!!!!!!!!

footfetishguy
4th August 2012, 02:59 PM
loud noises!!!!!!!!!

Correct

bro3886x
4th August 2012, 03:41 PM
You both fail: Google does not instantly spider the majority of websites, timezones are timezones y'all. Grammar nazis.

Oron is going down and will not be coming back up as their bank accounts and related assets are frozen. They've not been keeping backups of user data which will be wiped. They will also release relevant logs to Liberty, who royally screwed Oron over by convincing them to sign up as a DCMA agent and then continuing proceedings based on the fact that they breach copyright BEFORE they were agents... which is true.

Looks like ddeten will need a new job.

lololo
4th August 2012, 04:31 PM
I never said I knew anything about Orons fate. Personally, I thought it was dead anyways.

djfingerher
4th August 2012, 05:05 PM
looks like ddeten will need a new job.

wahahahahahhahaha

Mudofale
4th August 2012, 07:42 PM
They aren't quite dead yet, all though, I do redact my previous post because of a later post they made after further inspection of the law suit against Oron.com

Despite the Court’s subsequent modifications, the harsh reality is that as of August 1, 2012,
Oron will not be able to meet its legitimate business expenses, including the payments to LeaseWeb.
Its hosting provider will shut down Oron’s servers, which are the life blood of any file sharing
business such as Oron’s, and Oron’s customers will no longer be able to access any of their data or
files. Oron’s payment processors will not do business with Oron. Effectively, Oron’s worldwide
multimillion dollar company will be shut down and out of business.

Which was the day it went down, still reading through it, about 36 pages.

Heres a link for anyone who wants more information on the case.

http://ia600705.us.archive.org/22/items/gov.uscourts.nvd.88374/gov.uscourts.nvd.88374.71.0.pdf

Edit: This thread should probably be moved to the "Support/Cafe" section of the board.

jerry220
4th August 2012, 09:14 PM
Hmmm, I find it kind of ironicly funny that someone on this site on a thread from about a week ago called it and feared that something larger was going to happen because everyone was getting away with downloading the jack da ripper clips, back when there were like 7 vids available on this site. Then those same vids were also posted on dailymotion without getting taken down. That certain member thought that it would be ggg that had a trick up their sleeve but this is far worse.

I was searching for that thread for about 5 min. and couldn't find it so i gave up. But, Its just amazing how this is one of those classic stories of "the calm before the storm".

theguyfromny
4th August 2012, 09:28 PM
Hmmm, I find it kind of ironicly funny that someone on this site on a thread from about a week ago called it and feared that something larger was going to happen because everyone was getting away with downloading the jack da ripper clips, back when there were like 7 vids available on this site. Then those same vids were also posted on dailymotion without getting taken down. That certain member thought that it would be ggg that had a trick up their sleeve but this is far worse.

I was searching for that thread for about 5 min. and couldn't find it so i gave up. But, Its just amazing how this is one of those classic stories of "the calm before the storm".
thread started by yours truly.it was called "strange???"btw, how is it worse? will i get sued?

Mudofale
5th August 2012, 04:25 AM
thread started by yours truly.it was called "strange???"btw, how is it worse? will i get sued?
What is going on with Oron right now has nothing to do with you, or any of the file sharers. They are simply in court because of their acts of piracy being allowed to happen. The reason the site is down, as I stated previously, they are unable to pay for the service to stay online because all of their funds are frozen until a verdict is decided.

The Court stated that the Order “does nothing more than prohibit Defendants from fraudulent
transfers and compels that they unwind those in which they have already engaged.” However, the
broad language that Defendants may not dissipate any funds, read literally, goes further and prevents
Defendants from spending any money for any legitimate purpose. maintain the status quo in a way that will allow a permanent injunction to be enforced. However, the
United States Supreme Court held in Grupo Mexicano de Desarrollo, S.A. v. Alliance Bond Fund,
Inc., 527 U.S. 308 (1999) that a district court has no authority to issue a preliminary injunction
freezing a defendant’s assets in connection with a claim for money damages, which is what Plaintiff
seeks through this motion. The Grupo Mexicano Court stressed the historical principle that an
unsecured creditor has no legal or equitable prejudgment rights in the property of a debtor. Id. at
328-330. As the Supreme Court explained:
The remedy [of a preliminary injunction freezing assets] sought here could
render Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 64, which authorizes use of state
prejudgment remedies, a virtual irrelevance. Why go through the trouble of
complying with local attachment and garnishment statutes when this allpurpose
prejudgment injunction is available?
Id. at 330-331. The Court warned against allowing creditors to race to the courthouse to freeze
assets in a way that could prove “financially fatal” to debtors. Id. at 331. That is what has indeed
happened since the TRO has been “financially fatal” to Oron.

Pretty interesting stuff, if anyone else is wondering where I am getting this legal information, here is law suit.

http://ia600705.us.archive.org/22/items/gov.uscourts.nvd.88374/gov.uscourts.nvd.88374.71.0.pdf

Kasengon
5th August 2012, 12:57 PM
Damn and i just found a shitload of new GGG Clips that was hosted by oron....

sourmold11
5th August 2012, 03:39 PM
Damn and i just found a shitload of new GGG Clips that was hosted by oron....
Ahhhh.... Fuck you know the governments are always trying to scare someone!

jerry220
5th August 2012, 06:43 PM
@guyfromny Oh no, i didn't mean anything like that, I just thought that it was worse because now there are 2 different file sharing sites gone, and its a good possibility that there won't be very many left in the future. I was kind of hoping that if it was ggg, that it would only be their clips that got taken down and not a bunch of file sharing sites, thats all i meant by it.

theguyfromny
5th August 2012, 06:45 PM
@guyfromny Oh no, i didn't mean anything like that, I just thought that it was worse because now there are 2 different file sharing sites gone, and its a good possibility that there won't be very many left in the future. I was kind of hoping that if it was ggg, that it would only be their clips that got taken down and not a bunch of file sharing sites, thats all i meant by it.
oh ok.

jerry220
5th August 2012, 07:01 PM
yeah, its unfortunate, but good call tho.

kikoman
11th August 2012, 06:46 PM
any news about the return of oron ?::crazy

Mudofale
11th August 2012, 07:11 PM
any news about the return of oron ?::crazy
Court case, legally frozen bank/ paypal accounts. So, if it were to come back up it would be after the trial is over. Don't hold your breathe, megaupload is still under trial.