PDA

View Full Version : 256 Color Problem.

FartLove88
21st June 2012, 05:29 PM
I've just installed Alliance, a P2P sharing program. I've had some problems running it, but it should work fine in "Administrator" mode. My problem is, that it wont load at all, the load-up screen pops up, and it freezes.

I have read on a Forum, that running it on 256 Color mode should help, but i cant seem to change back to Normal color/default mode.

Anyone know how ?

I'm Running Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2.

FartLove88
21st June 2012, 10:21 PM
EDIT:

Fixed the problem.

HOOF HEARTED
21st June 2012, 10:41 PM
Glad you got your problem fixed so are you trying to create a forum? And if so, what kind or is it classified at the moment?

FartLove88
22nd June 2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks HOOF. No, theres is a file share software i recently innstalled that i got some problems with.
I need to run the software in "Run As Administrator" to get it to work, and i saw somewhere on a forum that also running it with 256 color might get it to work, but its all good now.

I would love to create a forum though, good idea. I'll check it out and get back to you.
Do you have any experience in running forums ?

djfingerher
22nd June 2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks HOOF. No, theres is a file share software i recently innstalled that i got some problems with.
I need to run the software in "Run As Administrator" to get it to work, and i saw somewhere on a forum that also running it with 256 color might get it to work, but its all good now.

I would love to create a forum though, good idea. I'll check it out and get back to you.

Clear your inboxes mate i tried to reply yesterday and it said it was full.

FartLove88
22nd June 2012, 10:17 PM
Clear your inboxes mate i tried to reply yesterday and it said it was full.

Oh, yeah i'll clear it right away.

HOOF HEARTED
23rd June 2012, 08:37 AM

No experience. But I always say,'How can anyone get any experience if nobody gives them any experience?' It's something to ask when certain workplaces refuse 2 hire you because you don't have any experience in stuff.

FartLove88
23rd June 2012, 01:48 PM
No experience. But I always say,'How can anyone get any experience if nobody gives them any experience?' It's something to ask when certain workplaces refuse 2 hire you because you don't have any experience in stuff.

Genius I like it, i'll use that next time i look for a job and the boss asks me if i got any experience :D

I'm looking for some information about creating/running a forum on the net, and a vBulletin Forum would be the best, but that costs.

HOOF HEARTED
24th June 2012, 01:20 AM
Genius I like it, i'll use that next time i look for a job and the boss asks me if i got any experience :D

I'm looking for some information about creating/running a forum on the net, and a vBulletin Forum would be the best, but that costs.
Yeah, its expensive. The power invision costs the most. The yabb & mybb don't cost a thing. If you want, I can give you links to their forums 2 get possibly more info on them.

FartLove88
25th June 2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah, its expensive. The power invision costs the most. The yabb & mybb don't cost a thing. If you want, I can give you links to their forums 2 get possibly more info on them.

Thanks HOOF, but i actually found a free PhBB Forum. I'm working on my Forum as we speak. It will be about electronic music, discussions, podcasts, live sets, etc.

To be a free Forum, it certainly aint bad.

http://www.forumotion.com/

tetsuo
26th June 2012, 04:30 PM
Running a forum is one of the most fun experiences I've ever had on the internet. When I was in high school I ran an antiquated phbb forum. 30 users, about 18000 posts. It lasted for three years, and I still talk to some of the users. If you're not looking for a huge userbase, getting involved with a tight-knit community is very enjoyable.

Good luck.

FartLove88
26th June 2012, 04:40 PM
Running a forum is one of the most fun experiences I've ever had on the internet. When I was in high school I ran an antiquated phbb forum. 30 users, about 18000 posts. It lasted for three years, and I still talk to some of the users. If you're not looking for a huge userbase, getting involved with a tight-knit community is very enjoyable.

Good luck.

Thanks man, even though my Forum is not ready to be "published" yet, and that i dont have any users, i have a lot of fun setting up the Forums, categories etc.

When i'm done, if i'm allowed to "advertise" about it here, i'll share the link. Just hope someone is interested in electronic music, and interested in discuss it :)

tetsuo
26th June 2012, 04:47 PM
You could always put the link in you signature. But that would fill your forum with an unnaturally large concentration of fart fanatics ::funny.

FartLove88
26th June 2012, 05:29 PM
You could always put the link in you signature. But that would fill your forum with an unnaturally large concentration of fart fanatics ::funny.

True. People will get off topic i guess :D