PDA

View Full Version : Would this keep links alive for longer?

shitfucker
20th December 2011, 04:35 AM
Say I password protect a video that I upload but do not release the password.

"Identify the material that you claim is infringing your copyrighted work, to which you are requesting that Megaupload disable access over the World Wide Web." (http://megaupload.com/?c=abuse)

This allows many people to download the file with out it being taken down since the file can not be accessed without the password it can not be identified and can not be taken down. (in theory)

Then I release the password after a day or two and everyone can unlock the video. Does anyone know if this would work or would the password protected file be removed anyway even if the contents can not be accessed?

FartLove88
20th December 2011, 04:47 AM
Probably, you never know, but you can try tho. You can also Hot Link to f.ex us here at GE, but then you /we who uploads a vid need to buy a premium membership. After that, you can send the Hot Link to your friends and we can dl it with full speed, instantly. I have not looked in to it so much, but it sounds pretty good.

1313Jr.1313
20th December 2011, 10:58 AM
in theory, yes. but if you also included a preview pic or description of what the clip was then it would no longer work since the people who would ultimately want to have it removed could still have it taken down. then the problem with that is that most people are not willing to download a clip that they may or may not want to see. also, a lot of people remove the clips shortly after they fap to them and only download them when it's time to get their fap on. here's the kicker... the people who want it taken down DON'T EVEN NEED PROOF THAT THEY OWN THE CONTENT!!! yeah... so that sucks and i'm sure that whoever is that paranoid about their clips being shared wouldn't even care if the clip may not be theirs as long as there's a chance it is.