PDA

View Full Version : Gassy, how much $$ & time does it cost to run this forum?

HOOF HEARTED
5th July 2010, 12:27 AM
And also how much hours do you put into this forum everyday? Fixing things & being on this forum? Just in case other people here have a desire to have their own forum someday. Me being 1 of them. Nothing is easy, is it all cracked up to be?

1313Jr.1313
5th July 2010, 07:05 AM
this is definitely something best left to a pm.

Guzara
6th July 2010, 12:29 AM
I wont answer on question how much exactly it costs because that's a business secret, but it's definately not cheap when it comes to fees .

I don't think I spend too much time for the forum work like I used to spend before , when we had attacks.
Best what I've learned from those attacks were the backup and restore tricks.

From the other side now I learn at the work - I am a web developer and designer - beginner, in one company .

Starting the forum is not hard, you can buy what you need in a hour and start it within next 48 hours.

But, later when it comes to posting, traffic, and keeping page interesting - that's the problem you need to take care off.Most sites fall on this step.

If you ask about time - that's sometimes a big problem but often a best thing when you don't know what to do when you are at home.
in the other words you need to sacrafice your social life for the community like this.

If you have wife and kids, I think it's impossible (assuming you are hiding this from them)....

HOOF HEARTED
6th July 2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks, and jr., you're right. I actually thought about doing this on pm. I guess I wanted to liven up the cafe forum area. Get a bit of things going there. Any forum i'm at, i'm the kind that would ask things that others don't. Bring up some kind of conversation. I might have an enquiring mind.